Got a promotion, sort of....

Kenneth Brown

Captain
I was promoted from Sgt. to Lt. wedsday in the laundry dept. I have been in for the last year and a half. It doesn't pay any more, more responsibilities, and I just moved up on the butt chewing line. Some of the good parts are I can actually influence others to do their jobs properly now and I get more recognition for a job well done. I always had the respect of most of the staff and inmates, they usually did what I wanted anyhow, now its just official. My boss has been real impressed with my performance since he hired me into the dept. and has been training me to be his replacement when he retires next year. Had to toot my own horn a little, hope ya don't mind. :)

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Got a promotion, sort of....

An't nothing wrong about tooting your own horn.<br />congrats on climbing the butt chewing line :D

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

" Salute" Lt. brown<br />does that mean that you are one of them now instead of one of us?<br />dont forget where you came from and you will go far.<br /><br /> Sgt. Jim

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

congrats there Lt Brown<br /><br />guess its true<br /><br />ir really DOES all come out in the wash!<br /><br />LOL<br /><br />at least if it doesnt pay better, perhaps there is the equivalent of tenure? job security?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

does that mean that you are one of them now instead of one of us?<br />
Ain't no way Jim. I am still just one of the guys. Whenever I first promoted it didn't effect me at all except to bump the professionalism level of myself up a notch. I see far too many "STUPORVISORS" running around doing nothing trying to look like somebody instead of getting the job done.<br /><br />
perhaps there is the equivalent of tenure? job security?
A little of both. I get a little less of the chit jobs, although I still do them just to make sure they get done sometimes like if we are short handed. The job security is real good. I am high enough that I shouldn't have to worry if they "restructure the orginazation" and low enough that I don't catch the crap if there is a incident where a supervisor has to pay for what a line level employee does.