Got a nice one today!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Yup! Couldn't buy a bite 'til 2:30, then they started hittin' pretty good.

DSC02283-1.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

Only 6 keeper Crappie, but lotsa Spots (up to 3 lbs.) and Stripe too.

Cap'n Chaos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Got a nice one today!

Nice fish!

What have the temps been like out your way?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Nice fish!

What have the temps been like out your way?

It was a freezing 23*F yesterday morning, but warmed up nicely to 65*F with bright sunshine and very light winds... twas a beautiful December day.

btw... did you get your handle from Captain Chaos in the movie Cannonball Run?

Nice one, whats for supper?:D

I put them all back where I caught them so I can catch them again, some people accuse me of making pets out of them and that's why they bite for me.

I still have a freezer full from last month that will last me 'til Spring, no sense getting greedy or letting them go to waste.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Must have been a full moon the night before ay??

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Where on earth are you fishing jigngrub? I hav'nt seen trees like that in a long, long time. Or are you cleverly disguising the location of your honey hole?:D

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Where on earth are you fishing jigngrub? I hav'nt seen trees like that in a long, long time. Or are you cleverly disguising the location of your honey hole?:D

The planet Mars.;)

Actually it's a private lake that used to be co-owned by Timothy Leary and Hunter S. Thompson but is now owned by Tommy Chong.:D

I post my reports on several boards and a couple of them are local. That pic had a couple of incriminating landmarks in it that I'd rather not advertise.

The effect is a photobucket edit option, distort and swirl.

I've had people complain about it before and they say it ruins the pic... I wonder why it bothers them?

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I figured as mutch! I have a friend who is a fanatical bass fisherman and knows where all the good offshore structure is in two of our local lakes, from fishing them hard for 20 yrs. He has taken some "friends" to some of them and told them not to show anyone else. I was fishing w him earlier this year when we approached a boat on one of his small, obscure, honey holes in the middle of the lake, and it was a guy he showed it to a week before , w a friend aboard. This was 2 days before a tournament on this lake. My buddy was pretty mad and let him know sternly, His "friend" said nothing much, and didn't appologize either, as he was obviously embarassed in front of his partner, until they quickly left. My friend is a super nice guy who would do anything for anyone, but is serious about his fishing and tournaments. He will not take just anyone to his good spots, so he gets angry when guys he trusts, act this way, and they don't fish w him again. Too bad for them as he is very successfull and I always learn alot whenever I fish w him. If you show some folks your secret spots, they won't be secret for long, or as good as before IMO. I imagine you've "been there done that" hense the obscureing of the shoreline.