Got a New to me truck

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Well we started camping this summer and turns out my wife really enjoys it. problem was we have been sticking close to home because we had to use 2 vehicles to get everyone there. 2 weeks ago we went and the wife said why dont you go get the boat and go fishing. so I did and sunday when it was time to come home I made the decision to let the wife tow the boat home and I used BIL truck to haul camper. (wife had never towed anything before did great) when we got home she said thats it your truck is a POS (that hurt) its time to replace it start looking. So I looked all over around here at dealers didn't find what I wanted so I went to Tulsa Sat morning and as I was driving she called and said dont come home with out a new one.(joking) So I bought a 2002 Silverado LS extended cab 4dr shortbed with the 4.8L. Made the deal and then sunday I was looking at dealers web site and there was my truck listed for 2 grand less than what I paid :mad: I had to go back monday anyway and printed it off confronted the salesman and he got a manager and they admitted they made a mistake and made it right with me so I am a very content customer. The truck is great alot better than my 92 GMC 4.3L 5 sp <br />
IM001113.jpg

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Got a New to me truck

Congrats on the new truck. I hope you enjoy it even though it's a chevy. :p

ZmOz

Captain

I love that body style...whoever decided to screw with the front of the new ones is an idiot. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats on the Truck! Hope it gives you years of enjoyment!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> I love that body style...whoever decided to screw with the front of the new ones is an idiot. :rolleyes:
:p :p Hey OZ, Your tact is almost as bad as mine is. :p :p <br /><br />I have to agree though!<br /><br />Say jim, I have never thought about letting the wife drive the truck to show her you needed a new one, good thinking. :D <br /><br />Nice truck even if I dont care for white.

jimr

hey youngboater I work on Fords and Dodges all week I bought something I don't have to work on come the weekend.<br />I love the truck I didn't really care for White either (whole fleet of them at work) but it sure is alot cooler than the dark blue or green I really like. I hope to keep this long enough to teach my boys to drive.<br /><br />Lubedude it was kind of a freak that the wife drove the old one especially with the boat behind it. it was about 100* here and I didn't want to make 2 trips and I sure as heck wasn't going to let my sister in law tow my camper. So all worked out great for me in the long run<br /> :D

vipzach

Lieutenant

Good looking truck! I am really thinking about buying a new(to me) truck. My 98 explorer with v6, is just to weak for me sometimes. I like the chevy's, but really want a Nissan Titan. Where do you boat in OK?

jimr

this year I haven't done much due to a house remodel project and we have started camping I need to sell the boat and get a bigger one so the whole family can go. When I do get out I goto Chandler/bellcow stroud, Boomer in Stillwater and if I just want to run my trolling motor battery dead I go to Cushing lake.

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah if I had to work on a particular brand of vehicles all day I wouldn't want one either cause all you see is the bad stuff about them. Enjoy it

KRS

Banned

We just hitch the boat behind the camper :rolleyes: :eek:

vipzach

Lieutenant

I go over to blackwell lake every once in awhile, my grand parents have property over there, never been to boomer though. We usually go to Lake Arcadia, my new favorite lake is lake murray, down by Ardmore.

Stinger313

Cadet

Nice!!!!!I just got a 2005 GMC 2500HD because it has that style frontend.The white looks great.Congrats

danie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am sooo green.<br />Have to do with a truck thats half the size, but serves me right for insisting to be born here.