Got a new monitor!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I had a 13" CRT that was very faded and fuzzy.<br /><br />Had to darken the room to see anything on it, and then couldn't view a lot of graphics. :( <br /><br />Bit the bullet and got a 17" LCD monitor.<br /><br />WOW!!! HOLY COW!!! I can now see everything, read text from a couple of feet away from the screen, clear pictures. . . . the whole thing!<br /><br />Shoulda done this a couple of years ago.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Got a new monitor!

LMAO!!<br />Wow JB, you are moving right up there, first high speed internet now you got rid of your 13" monitor. Next you trade in your 386 SX16 won't you....<br /> :D <br /><br />Just Kidding, I have been looking at the flat panels and waiting on the prices to become reasonable also. They are just about there.<br /><br />AK Chappy<br /><br /><br />Hmmm two more posts and I get promoted!!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen and those newer LCD's are great! You did it at the right time- a few years ago they were too much money.<br /><br />Bob :cool:

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

The new flat screens are wonderful, I replaced all the monitors in my office with flat screens when the price dropped.<br /><br />congrats JB, now try the wireless mouse and keyboard, I promise you'll love them as much as your monitor, and they don't cost much, maybe as low as $30.00, depending where you shop.<br /><br />Spud

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oh Boy, Just think of all the poofs before JB could read what was written. Better be careful now that he can read the written word... :D

Paul Moir

Admiral

'Oly jeeze bye! If we had known you were peering into Dr. Spock's radar screen there we could have taken up a collection or something. :D <br /><br />I've always been a CRT man myself, but no matter which way you wander, big monitors are the way to go!

ZmOz

Captain

You should try 3 17 inchers hooked up to the same computer... :D

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

With you there JB,<br />I just replaced my laptop a week before Christmas. 4 year old COMPAQ was 12.1" screen and the new NEC is 15". Huge difference in picture quality and now I may not have to replace my glasses so soon.<br />Lots of other better features as well.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />Peter

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

got the 10" LCD monitor with speaker and digital connection. You would really see the difference on quality of picture. Amazing what the difference are.

LubeDude

Admiral

I too have been waiting for the price of the LCDs to drop, and I think they are now. Staples just had one (19") this week for somewhere around $279.00, down from about $450.00. Im about to make the jump. I have a regular 19" now, but the LCDs are really nice.