Got a Free Dinner

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Over the weekend, had my friends over to help cut an split wood that is piled in my front yard. Cattiecorner to me is an American Legion Hall.<br /><br />In the process of making lots of noise from the splitter and saws, I just happened to look over at the Legion and noticed the members coming out in their uniforms. I immediately had everyone shut off the equipment and told them why. It was time for a break anyway. I told the guys I was just giving the Legion members some courtesy.<br /><br />Yesterday evening a man came over and said thank you for silencing the equipment for their ceremony. He added that not everyone thinks of others. Then he gave us two tickets for their upcoming hog roast. :D <br /><br />Sometimes it pays to use your manners and show respect.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: Got a Free Dinner

It's good to see some consideration for others these days. You don't see it very much any more, it's become the exception rather than the rule. Good for you.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Sometimes I misplace mine, things like this send me on a search mission for them. Nice Post SSM

gaugeguy

Captain

Good job SS. Goes to show that common courtesy does pay. Hog roast and inexpensive brew, sounds like a good time.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Not to mention the stories you are going to get to listen to. Nice going.

dolluper

Captain

Your recruited now Your just the "KIND" of person they are looking for ,memberships all dieing off and across the street bonus .Have a good one ENJOY!!!

one more cast

Captain

Its nice that you showed some common courtesy and nicer that they noticed.

KaGee

Admiral

"Sometimes it pays to use your manners and show respect"<br /><br />It always pays. <br /><br />
36_1_11.gif

Bondo

Staff member

"Sometimes it pays to use your manners and show respect"<br /><br />It always pays. <br />
No Doubt............. ALWAYS .........

ndemge

Commander

Couple weeks ago, we went to my step-sons's grandpa's funeral.<br /><br />it was about an 8 mile procession to the grave site from the funeral home.<br /><br /><br />The on-coming cars that come to a complete stop sure got my respect. Showing respect for a complete stranger. <br /><br />The kids that grow up seeing this grow up to be the future Mayfloats of the world....

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> Couple weeks ago, we went to my step-sons's grandpa's funeral.<br /><br />it was about an 8 mile procession to the grave site from the funeral home.<br /><br /><br />The on-coming cars that come to a complete stop sure got my respect. Showing respect for a complete stranger. <br /><br />The kids that grow up seeing this grow up to be the future Mayfloats of the world....
I remember that being the NORM when I was growing up...nowadays folks cut into the procession line and are in way too much of a rush to be respectful. I know that folks who live out in the country are way more respectful of those things than city-bred folk...sorry, if I offended any of you city folk....I respect you SS for your actions...may there be many more who can and will do the same!!!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks All!<br /><br />Flatbottoms, I grew up in the country where neighbors were miles away instead of feet. It sure is alot different in todays time. Respect is free to give to anyone and it goes along way.<br /><br />I was surprised when the guy from the legion showed up. They always have different things going on over there and I seem to always work around them. <br /><br />Just might have to join, I belonged to the post in Guantanamo back when I was a sailor. Don't drink much anymore, but I can still eat for a little guy!

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm offended by funeral procession tailgating passing and rudeness. Actually I get offended by funerals. Especially my own. <br /><br />When my dad died years ago, a Deputy was directing traffic at a major intersection to let us through, when the Hearse came along he stood at attention with his Stetson over his heart. I shall never ever forget that act of respect. The image is burned into my brain even today.

D

DJ

Way to go SS.<br /><br />You will be repaid, in kindness, in droves.<br /><br />Just be patient.<br /><br />Something we Americans have forgotten-unfortunately.