Google IPO

SoulWinner

Commander
Guys, I can't even log into my Ameritrade account. Everyone is scrambling to get in on this. I figure it will open at $85 and shoot up $150 at least before it settles down. Maybe as high as $250, but who knows? I wish I had been more prepared, it's not like I didn't see this coming. $Millions$ will be made this morning, drat my lack of attentiveness.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Google IPO

ahhh reminds me of the late 90's with the over inflated price of everything.... get in early, get out early and become a millionair.. if you have the capitol and the eggs to do it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

this is a case when it's worth using a big broker<br />with traders actually on the floor...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am not touching it.<br /><br />Too much hype.<br /><br />I expect a lot of folks to lose a bundle.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

agree long term JB, but there will be some $ made<br />short term on this IPO for the fast/smart ones...

f_inscreenname

Commander

"but there will be some $ made<br />short term"<br /><br /> Not mine. Quick run up, quick sell off. If I am wrong, I am wrong but it is not worth the risk.

mattttt25

Commander

no doubt a successful company, possibly the best of the dot coms. i like their style.<br /><br />i actually registered for the auction and received a bid number. was close to going in, but held off.<br /><br />it opened on the floor at 100, high hit about 105, low hit 95, and it closed at 100. i think too many people tried to get in and out quickly, and then others moved in to pick up their share.<br /><br />time will tell. i think it will be a better long term investment. i hope some of my mutual funds make it heavy on their list of holdings.

SoulWinner

Commander

Very strange market behavior for an IPO. Curious. I wonder what the stock will do in the coming weeks....

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Nope, not for me. I with with JB on this one. They've hyped it up too much for me.<br /> <br />Bassy