Good vacation lakes in Eastern, PA or Southern NY-state?

squale

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My family is looking to buy a vacation home in Eastern, PA. We live in North-Western NJ and didn't want to drive more than like 1.5 hours for a weekend getaway. We definately need to be either on or right near a nice big lake with good power-boating and fishing. We just got a 25' sport boat last year so we want to have some place to use it.<br /><br />Can anybody recommend some very nice areas and lakes in Eastern, PA, or lower NY State for a vacation home?

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Good vacation lakes in Eastern, PA or Southern NY-state?

Try lake wallenpaupack. Nice place for a family vacation home. Plenty of awesome fishin right in the lake and tons of good spots within minutes of the lake. <br /><br />Here is a link to a website that is chock full of anglers from eastern Pa. . I fish with some of these guys and they are in the know when it comes to eastern Pa. Lakes.<br /><br /> http://www.just4thought.com/SMF/index.php

squale

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is Wellenpaupack the BIGGEST lake in PA? if not, what is?

FLATHEAD

Captain

Not the biggest but right up there when it comes to size,52 miles of shoreline. Your boat would do fine there. I guess raystown would be a giant lake also but it is not on the eastern part of the state. Biggest lake?? Lake Erie of course.