Good to be back here

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Damn internet provider has done it. On 5-30 I paid my bill which is due on 6-20. On 6-27 I get a notice that it hasn't been recieved. No biggie, its only $20. On 6-30 I pay two payments at one time. On 7-6 they cancel my service. I call and they tell me its due to non payment. I have them review my history where they can see the payments always 15 days early. No good, still screwed. Finally today 7-11 my service is back on. They still haven't recieved the payment from 5-30 and it hasn't cleared the bank either. Anybody ever REALLY lost a check in the mail? This was a major bummer for me.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Good to be back here

Lost a $1000 money order in the mail once. It came back to me about a month later, in shreds.<br /><br />Surveyor lost my $1000 check a few months ago, said they never recieved it, lost in the mail. Then they accused me of not paying them. <br />NOT.<br />I had sent it return receipt requested/signature required.<br />I have their signature!!<br />They lost it in the office.

KaGee

Admiral

It happens Ken. I now pay 80% of my bill on-line. I get an instant receipt. Snail mail is becoming like the dinosaur.<br /><br />Glad you are back!<br /><br />PS... you may want to consider a stop payment on that check. If it does show up, they will cash it. Trust me...they will, it's happened to me.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Funny thing is that a stop payment cost 25 dollars, and the check is only for 20. :D <br /><br />Ken

rwise

Captain

yep, lost one about 2 years back, still no show. It was for $12.00 for trash service. Since the guy lives about 2 - 3 miles from me and I have never been late he called and ask about it. sent another and have closed the acount now.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

If the check reach them they would most probably credit your account and you don't have to pay for the next month. That is what I would do in the business world. I am sure that the ISP company would not take the $20.00. after all they value your continous business enrollment.

The envelope is in the mail. ;) This is what happend to me. The guy had just picked up all his correspondence and put it in the box. The envelope hadn't even been sealed. These things generally have a way of working them selves out. If the payee cashes your check you have redress. If it is forged you have redress. As you say it is a major bummer though. I now have a new checking account due to the fact that some gaming operator had taken a check from someone else using a ficticious name and my bank number. :eek: <br /> :eek: scary huh?