good ole fimilar voice

crab bait

Captain
i caught the begin of the eagles/steelers pre-season game..<br /><br />the first voice oozin' thru my tv set was a warm resoundnating fimailar voice that perked my ears..<br /><br />'hello,, this is pat sommerall with joe thieshman an that leuporhcan guy'.. <br /><br />it sure is good to see him back..!! one of the best football voices ever..<br /><br />alittle odd with those two other knuckleheads, tho.. ( who'd place did he take ..?? )<br /><br />now ,, if'n they can pair him up what that MADDEN guy.. the world would spin better on it's axis..

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: good ole fimilar voice

Yes, football season is here. Time for beer and full contact at it's best. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Crab, Is he going to do regualar season games also? I thought he was losing his marbles and that's why he retired. Towards the end a couple years ago, some of the things he was saying were just "out there".<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I like Pat and he was awesome in his day, but I kind of think he has lost his edge.<br /><br />And as for Madden, he needs to shave his eyebrows and hush up. He is so deep into Farve's jock, Brett has to itch him every now and then. I lost all faith in John in the Pats/Rams superbowl when Brady led the winning drive with under a minute to go and all Madden would say is "I think this is a bad idea, they should take a knee and play for overtime." :rolleyes:

crab bait

Captain

i don't know.. but i hope so.. <br /><br />what i heard is that when FOX NET quit NFL,, an madden went with ABC.. sommerall was 'oddman out'.. an the networks just assumed he wanted/just retired.. <br /><br />yes ,,he is old an alitte alcohol brain dizzy ..but he's stil great.. IT'S THE VOICE ..!! an a still sharp an calls a good game an don't stumble at all.. <br /><br />yeah, MADDEN is bias an sucks at times ..an isn't as good with AL MICHALES.. but he's still good an very entertainin'...<br /><br />but who 's place did pat take.. IT'S KILLIN' ME..<br /><br />WHATCHUTALKABOUT GAUGE..!! he's needs a mohawk an a nose ring..

gaugeguy

Captain

A mohawk and a nose ring on Madden, I'd pay to see that :D <br /><br />Al Micheals is the worst!!<br /><br />Best football voice ever, bar none...Keith Jackson.<br /><br />I hope Deion comes out of retirement, I can't stand him on the pre-game and half time shows!! There is no room for "Huggy-Bear" in football. ;)

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Man, I do love to hear Keith Jackson call 'em. Being down South, it's more about the college games here. <br /><br />Have you guys ever heard our Larry Munson do a Georgia game? I watched the 2001 UGA-TN game on cable the other day and I could still hear his calls from that game in my head while watching it. Damn, I can't wait for next weekend.<br /><br />Gonna have to play hooky to get to fish and watch the games.

tylerin

Commander

I'll take Dan Fouts, I like his style. I wish "Dandy Don" Maredith was still around

aspeck

Staff member

Did ya hear Thiesman plug Tastykake during the game? I busted a gut! Man, he just loves those Butterscotch ones. Had nothing to do with the play on the field or the conversation in the booth - he either just wanted to hear himself talk or is trying to get an endorsement from them!

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

As long as they don't bring back Dennis Miller I will be happy. I couldn't stand the Monday night games because of him. You never knew (or cared) what the hell he was talking about.

crab bait

Captain

randy moss looked ephpiteuduce on a phryositus on that play, al..

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> I'll take Dan Fouts, I like his style. I wish "Dandy Don" Maredith was still around
Don Meredith was as much fun to listen to on Monday Night Football as it was to watch him fling a 60-yard pass to Bob Hayes. And who else could leave Howard Cosell speechless? I don't think there was ever a more entertaining duo to ever announce a football game.<br /><br />And it's too bad Gifford's off the radar too.<br /><br />Madden may drive ya nuts, but he's not one fifth as bad as he was about 15 years ago. I always swore he musta had a frontal lobotomy before every broadcast. Talk about diarrhea of the mouth...<br /><br />My favorite people to keep off the networks announcing football games are Ken Stabler and Joe Theisman. There's no getting around it. They SUCK.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> randy moss looked ephpiteuduce on a phryositus on that play, al..
]<br /><br /><br /> :confused: Bait, ya been hittin' the sauce??<br /><br /><br />-dd-<br /><br /> :confused: :confused: :confused: <br /><br /> :confused: <br /><br /><br /> :confused: <br /><br /><br /> :confused: