Good Ol' USPS tryin to stick me for more money

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
I have been having a very un-pleasent experience with the united States Postal Service... <br /><br />Sold an item on ebay, that needed to be shipped overseas. Thought to myself I will try the USPS click n ship to pay for it so all I had to do was drop it off at the post office..yeah right. <br /><br />Did everything on-line, printed labels, payed etc.<br /><br />Heres the problem. When I printed labels I got this guilty concsense about not having them on label stock, just printed them on regular paper. So when it asked if the labels printed correctly, I said no and printed some off on label stock. <br />Headed to the post office. The clerk was clueless as to what I did paying for shipping on line, she didn't know you could do that. So I handed her the sets of labels, keeping both seperate and told her to use which ever set she needed to use(explained the reason for 2 sets). Didn't even think they would have different numbers. She put one label one on it, and took 4 of the others and put in a clear-view envelope. Sent her away.. after she said I had to pay for them.. I told her $98.75 came off the credit card already... should be good to go<br /><br />I get an email a few days leter telling me that I owe the postal service another 98.75 for labels that were cancelled and never billed, thats when I noticed that the label numbers were different. Tried to get a 1800 number for these folks by calling the post office here, gave me one for click-n-ship but when called your asked to dial a 900 number. I emailed 4 times to customer support, told him if he could'nt help me find someone who could. He directs to the local post office, who again directs me back to Click-n-ship.<br /><br />I had one package, with 2 different labels on it going to the UK. They want to charge me for both labels. An issue that was there fault to begin with since THEIR clerk put the labels on the box.<br /><br />to sum it up..<br /><br />$98.75 charged to visa + 1 box + 2 labels on it cause of clerk + delivered to UK + <br />idiots workers emailing computer generated responses = Dave getting screwed outta another $98.75<br /><br />(edit) huh? What did I learn... use UPS, FEDex, or any other company but not the USPS

Rickfifty

Seaman
Re: Good Ol' USPS tryin to stick me for more money

If you were going to stand in line at the PO anyway, why pay online & print your own label?<br />My wife sells stuff on e-bay, uses Click & Ship, prints the labels(including a test label) on regular paper, and has the mailman pick up the package the next day. No problems & no visit to the Post Office.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

It looks like when , you had to print it out again the system cancelled the first one.. Best way to clear this up is call the creditcard and try to cancel that way, if doing it through the computer doesn't work. I know exactly how you feel.. UPS is the sameway and they are much worse. If your USPS acct. is hooked into e-bay services and paypal you better try to fix it fast.. Don't panic.. It's fixable... You should of cancelled the first time and started over.. If you still hold the tracking numbers you still maybe able to cancel this order and go down to the post office, because the package may still be there if your lucky.. If she was asking for money it maybe because the tracking was showing cancelled.. I used to be a power seller.. I had some issues when changing my acct. over and lost my old acct. and had to start all over.. This really screwed up 4 accts.. Ya, it makes you just want to spit nails... Just do what I do, any out of state packages to be mailed, I go down in person and get the right total and shipping options... <br />Now heres the bad thing, if you didn't mark that you wanted it back, if it is undeliverable, they toss the box.. If you marked that you do want it back, you get charged again to get the box back..<br />Now that sucks...<br />Take your time and it will get resolved..<br />But call the post office and talk to your post master manager..<br />He'll help you..

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry Dave... I think they are charging you again because of the cancelled label, being on the package... This does happen alot, but your package should be in LINGO right now until the new payment goes through.. Just cancel the other one out and repay the new invioce that was sent via e-mail. Package is probally at main shipping office on hold.. Postal manager can track it down..<br />Don't panic..<br />Sorry.. I have lost some packages and being really nice I have had to refund money also..<br />Hang tight and good luck..

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Actually that is all I planned on doin.. is droppin it off at the post office, then I realized I packed the mailing crap up in through it in storage... and it was easier to go to the post office on Saturday morning, then it was to go dig through storage...I have found it is also easier to take care of everything at home... you know how much time it saves having all the labels filled out and printed?<br /><br />Actually the package has been delivered as scheduled.... and this is because both labels were scanned during the delivery.... if the one was scanned and showed payment needed.... the other label was scanned and it showed paid and progress was continued. Don't ask me why this was done... but it was. This was in no way connected to my ebay account... THANK GOD!!!<br /><br />I have now been told to pay an additional $98.75 so a credit can be issued... I told them to credit the original 98.75 and I'll go ahead and pay the other.. we'll see what kind of f-u reply I get from that one.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I know how fustrating it gets and you always get that one special person that complains about shipping cost... I've been selling on e-bay for only 4 years.. I do use the online shipping service when possible.. It is so much easier..<br />Totally agree on that one..<br />I'm not a high dollar seller, but mamged to get 1700 out of an old Barbie(Don't laugh) head.. And 485 out of a 1931 Babe Ruth Candy Box.. The real Deal.. 579 out of an old pair of Levi's.. Kind of fun to watch the numbers jump and even funner when you get the e-mail the item has been paid for.. As for the non payers had a few of those too.<br />Oh well..<br />Good Luck