Good News!! Vacationing in Maine!!

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class
The lovely Mrs. and I will be in southeast Maine from 6-30 to 7-05. We will be flying in to Boston from Tampa and renting transportation. I will be thinking about all of you because when i think of iboats i am reminded of the diverse of group that we all are. We come from all places on this forum and now I get to go somewhere that may hold a member. See you all later. I hope you all have a GREAT 4th of July and make it a safe one too.<br />Chris.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Good News!! Vacationing in Maine!!

I spent many summer vacations in Maine as a kid. Bar Harbor, Portland and on up to Nova Scotia, its one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Have fun, and bring a jacket.
28.gif
<br /><br />Seal Cove, Thunderbolt and the hike up the mountain to view the Porcupine Islands are just a few things I remember that are close to Bar Harbor. Not to mention going down to the docks to get freshly caught lobster right off the boat. Yummy.<br /><br />Have a great trip! :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> and bring a jacket.
A jacket? It is summertime here. Shorts and tank tops even at night ;) <br /><br />The high is gonna be 75 today and the low in the 50's...doesn't get much better ;)

11 footer

Lieutenant

I love Maine, my favorit state!<br /><br />We vacation their in the summer, my grand-dad and his wife have a house in Kennybunk.<br /><br />Mousem river in kennybunk, trolling on a small boat is the best striper fishing I know of, must be a small boat because its a tital river

f_inscreenname

Commander

“A jacket? It is summertime here. Shorts and tank tops even at night” <br />Remember these people are from Florida. It doesn't get down to 50 in January down there. <br /> Don't forget about Freeport (LL Bean town) and the best kept secret in Maine, The Maine State Prison Store on RT1. You have to stop there. They have some of the coolest hand made (furniture, mantle piece boats to wood toys) stuff on the planet and they are all made by prisoners.How cool?

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

The best part of Maine (Lobsta). Fishing is great too. Semper Fi. Gaugeguy.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good news!!!<br />Back safe from Maine. Everything was great. We both love the state of Maine. Our first day out we went to see as many of the lighthouses as we could in the south part of Maine. Cape Elizabeth,<br />Portland Head Light, Ram Island Ledge Light, and Spring Point Ledge Light. Next was a stop on Commercial Street in Portland. This street is right on the fishing and shipping docks. Lots of small shops and waterside eateries. Good drinks and food all around. From Portland we jumped up to Freeport and did see all three of the L.L. Bean shops. Very nice. They divided the shops by interest, I think. Hunting and fishing was in one building and the outlet/discounted stuff was in another building. The remaining items(outdoors and kayaks etc.) were in the third building. The rest of the town was like an outlet mall but in a nice un-mall like setting. Just beautiful. <br />Day two was full of shopping to the south, Biddiford Pool is a beautiful coastal town with a lobsta and fishing dock. We saw a lobsta boat come in a walked down to see the catch. The Skipper and his mate had a good morning's catch and sold 18 right off the boat to the proprieter of the dockside restaurant for $5.75 a pound. After that we drove the coast past Fortune Rocks to Kennebunkport. A couple of drinks, cups of chowda, and some souvenirs, and we were off to Ogunquit. The third day was a trip to White Mountian National Park. It's been a long time since I've seen mountians and I was once again awed by their beauty. Highway 113 runs right throught the middle of the range and is a ride no one should miss. Off to the east and south on Highway 5 bask to Old Orchard Park. A day to rest in the motel and back to Tampa. All our batteries are recharged and we are back at work. Once again my wife and I have shared a piece of America together. It always brings us closer together and more in love with each other.

gaugeguy

Captain

Sounds like you had a blast trblshtr!! Glad you got into the waterfront district of Portland, there isn't anything like walking on cobblestone roads. I was on the other side of Bidderford pool on the Saco river last week chasing stripahs, and if you were driving through the White Mts, you were in my back yard in New Hampsha. You should schedule a trip in the fall to check out the foliage on 113, just awesome. Ogunquit huh? Must have seen some sights that you don't want to repeat here!<br /><br />Right back at you Vinney :cool:

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gaugeguy,<br />I thought those 5 guys were real friendly with each other. Good thing I was with my wife. One guy made it a POINT to kiss the other 4 on the lips in public. I heard things were a little strange in Ogunquit. Now I know for sure.<br />Buy the way Guageguy, Semper Fi. My father was in the Corp for 31 years. I tried to get in in '77 but in those days they were pushing people out due to the end of the Viet nam war.

gaugeguy

Captain

Thats exactly what I was talking about trblshtr, you hit the nail right on the head :D <br />The only place more "alternative" in New England is Provincetown on Cape Cod.<br /><br />Semper Fi back at you. Your dad did 31 years? That is hard core right there! :cool:

11 footer

Lieutenant

he only place more "alternative" in New England is Provincetown on Cape Cod.
Provincetown, also known as "P-town" is must worse then Ogunquit. I swear every ***** in in the country flocks to Provincetown.