Good News Times 2 !!!

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My youngest son just got hired by a very well know and established west coast utility company. He applied for the position over five months ago and was just hired last week.<br /><br />It took that long, as there are a number of involved tests the applicants had to take, including math, which he was the only one who scored 100%, with over 50% failing.<br /><br />He has a university degree and had to obtain a secialized certificate to be hired at an upper level position. He applied at a state college that offered the certifcate course and scored 94% for the entire course, of whe knew little about prior to taking.<br /><br />He, as well as my wife and I are elated, as there were over fifty qualifed applicants and only ONE position. :D <br /><br />The starting pay is quite hansome and the position comes with full benefits, which leads to the second part of the good news. <br /><br />I was able to drop him from my family medical plan, which cost's me $930.00 a month for myself, my wife and my son, which comes right off the top of my retirement check.<br /><br />Well, I got my latest retirment check on Tuesday and low and behold.......I got and will be getting from now on, an extra $420.00 in my check every month, due to the included benefits in his new position. :D :D :D :D <br /><br />I don't need my boat's anymore, I think I can walk on water!!!!<br /><br />..Bob in Calif...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Good News Times 2 !!!

Leapin lizards, Sandy!! :eek: <br /><br />That is really great news, Bob.<br /><br />Don't tell Sen Kerry. He will be depressed. :D

aspeck

Staff member

I feel an iBoats shopping spree is in order!<br /><br />Great news Bob - congrats to you and your son!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Nothing beats the feeling of a proud father. That is some terrific news Bob.