Good news is value is up...

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The old place has proven to be a good investment.<br />County assessment up by 130k this year.<br /><br />Bad news is I don't know how long I'll be able to stay here at that rate of tax increase.<br /> :(

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Good news is value is up...

Jink,<br /><br />Where you at in VA? I just had a reassessment in Jan. Have not received the results yet.

ob

Admiral

Up by 130 clams?? :eek: You must have a big place.Wish you luck in weathering the tax increase.

jinx

Revert: LowDown (er, rather Loudoun) County.<br />Average dwelling cost is now 460,000! Looks like my sons will have to look elsewhere.<br /><br />Jinx

ob

Admiral

If you don't mind my asking,what is the average square footage of these homes and lots?

jinx

I believe that is avg cost of all dwelling units from condos, townhouses and single family.<br /><br />Massive development has taken place over last decade--now the fastest growing county in US, unfortunately.<br /><br />So the housing stock is generally new, and large by historical standards.<br /><br />My house was built in 1810, so it is not typical, but the houses that have been built closest to me are in the range of 6,000 to 10,000 sq ft.<br /><br />I think they might keep me around for local color :p

ob

Admiral

I see.Your house is quite a vintage home.And 6,000 to 10,000 sq.ft. are mansions by our local standards.Actually just under a half mil ain't bad.

jinx

As far as I'm concerned they're mansions here too!<br /><br />I can't figure out how people pay for their lifestyle.<br /><br />Jinx

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by jinx:<br /> As far as I'm concerned they're mansions here too!<br /><br />I can't figure out how people pay for their lifestyle.<br /><br />Jinx
Probably in debt up to their eyeballs... :rolleyes:

ob

Admiral

I personally don't know what I would do with a house that large.The honeydoos would send me to an early grave.Speaking of which,you don't have any aparitions floating around in that vintage home do you?I'm always seeing stories of the like on cable. :)

jinx

Just black snakes!

ob

Admiral

10-4.Good thing they aren't black mambas. :D <br />anyway...thanks for sharing. :)

FSHKPR

Ensign

6000 sq ft?!!!!! holy cow what the heck do you do with that much space. the only way i could figure out how to use it, is if 4500 of it was garage! :D

jinx

Not everyone lives like that, believe me. My mothers place up the road is 2 bedroom/1 bath 1000 sq ft, buit in 1948 wood frame construction on a half acre lot.<br /><br />Her assessment went up 20k to 240,000 this year.<br /><br />I made a math error on my increase this year. The correct figure is 183,000. At a tax rate of 1.07 per 100 then that is an increase of nearly $2000 per year

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

dang! your mom's house would be about 50-60,000 around here, IF it was nice.<br /><br />My taxes went up too, about $50.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Tell ya'll what. I know I ain't supposed to sell stuff here but its only to help ya'll out. I'll sell ya my house. Its 1957 construction, new carpet and lin. in about half, 90 % new paint, new incoming water lines, Vinyl siding and metal roof are right at 6 years old. Its 1800 sqft 3 bedroom, living room, den, 1 1/2 bath. Comes with a wooden 20X30 garage/shop, fenced back yard, all on a .498 acre lot. I'll take $50,000 for it. When should I start packing?