Good news from Kentucky2

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well, went out and bought another new to me boat last night. <br />A one owner 1988 Stratos 279V with a XP150 Rude behind it. <br />It has been covered with Stratos cover and garage kept since new. <br /> <br />The lower unit has been serviced 2 times a year since new. <br />All oil is dumped out and new oil put in ever spring since new. <br /> <br />This come from a State police officer I know. <br />He is in bad health and can not fish anymore, so he "Gave" it to me, so to speak. <br /> <br />It has 3 livewells, well 2 wells and a huge baitwell, ample storage, big rod box, 23P stainless prop, aluminum wheels, plus spare is also. <br /> <br />Just a real clean boat and well taken care of all it's life. <br />He(owner) gave it a kiss before I pulled out with it.

JRJ

Commander
Re: Good news from Kentucky2

Looks like a nice boat. I hope your friend gets well enough to go fishing with you in his old pride&joy.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry about your friend, awesome looking boat may the fish jump right in :)

LadyFish

Admiral

WOW SBN, she's a beaut!!!! And just in time for the long weekend. Congrats! :)

boatneck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Admin, How come I couldn't see his photos?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well this is a first for me on this boat. <br />I took it to the local lake here to test run it and I was taking the cover off and a man walked up and ask if I would sell the boat. :eek: <br /> <br />I told him I had just got it and had not even had it in the water yet. :) <br /> <br />He says, "I don't care, you want to sell it?" :eek: <br /> <br />Well, I thought for a minute and said yea, I guess. :rolleyes: <br />He says, how much? <br />I said, "It would take 6K to buy it." :cool: <br /> <br />He says, "Follow me to the bank." :eek: <br /> <br />So which I did and now am without a new to me boat but $500 better off. :D <br /><br />Oh it was a good day. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Les....ya' gave the boat away! But ya' make 5!! So that makes it a "Good News Post". WOW!!! Gonna holler to JimmyBoBob about this one!!