good luck deerdog

hope you get a few pigs,i personally wouldnt want one but would shoot one if someone wanted it. after reading about the diseases they carry it has scared me away. at idle since i cleaned the carbs it is running at 1200-1500 rpm. so i guess i need to adjust it down. so what unit were you in down here at stewart. im in the 92nd eng

Deerdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: good luck deerdog

I spent 4 years there. After that one in Kuwait and then now here in Concord NC advising the Reserves. I was both in the DISCOM HQ and commanded the 703 MSB.<br /><br />I have a shop manual for all Forces (Clymer). It says your idle speed (in gear) is supposed to be 750RPM. That is about what my 150 will do. From what you are saying it is idling at 1200 -1500 sitting still. It should drop down to 750 once you bump it into gear.<br /><br />We have never had any trouble with pig meat. back a few years ago we had the run of the post but it has become en vogue lately and they are getting hunted pretty hard. We do all of our hunting with bows though. <br /><br />Good luck to you. I really need to de-winterize mine and get it into the water. If you take care of the Force it will be fine. <br /><br />Deerdog

Re: good luck deerdog

THANKS FOR THE INFO, IM GOING TO HAVE TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE MANUALS THOUGH, I ALWAYS BUY ME A CHILTONS FOR EVERY VEHICLE SO I CAN SAVE ME SOME $$$$$$$$$$. I IMAGINE YOU DO TO. I THINK THE ENGINE WILL DO ME FINE. THE LADY I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID IT WAS IN STORAGE FOR TWO YEARS PENDING HER DIVORCE AND SHE GOT THE BOAT. NOW I HAVE IT. THE HULL IS IN PERFECT CONDITION, THEY DRY LAUNCHED. ONE PIECE OF PLASTIC TRIM IS MESSED UP FROM IT THOUGH. AND FROM THE COVER WHERE WATER SAT, IT HAS A LITTLE ROT. BUT IT WONT BE TO BAD TO REPLACE. I PLAN ON GETTING RID OF THE CARPET ANYWAY AND PAINTING IT, SO CLEAN-UP WILL BE A SNAP. AND IT WONT HOLD WATER EITHER.<br /> AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE