Good boating store in Phoenix/East Valley

AZ_Ron

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, we're off to the next question...
Can anyone recommend a boating store in the East Valley? We have a West Marine right up the street, but are NOT impressed with there attitudes or prices.
We have a Sportsmans Warehouse that's pretty decent and about 10 miles down the road.
We have a Cabellas about 45 miles away on the WAY opposite side of town from where we live.
Next weekend is the grand opening of a Bass Pro Shops about 3 miles from here that we're VERY much looking forward to. How are they for recreational boating?? No one in the family is too much into fishing...just boating in general, tubing, etc.

Thanks everyone!!

Ron

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Good boating store in Phoenix/East Valley

get the phone book out and look, then visit the stores. i found a discount boat supply store in my area that way. when driving, and you see one, take a minute to stop. i save about 20-25 % going to what the family now calls my toy store. you are not going to find any deals at the chain stores.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Hi Ron, I've been eyeing that Bass Pro shop too! They'll be you're best bet if it's anything like Cabela's. Decent selection and great prices. West Marine charges at least twice what their merchandise is worth, but sometimes they're the only local place that has unusual items. If it can wait, order online. You usually visit the Salt River lakes?

AZ_Ron

Seaman Apprentice

John, we haven't been out yet...hopefully in the next couple of weeks. We're not sure where we're planning on boating...where do you suggest??
We're thinking Lake Pleasant, but we're open to just about anything. We also have an RV, which is part of the draw of Pleasant with their RV park.

We'll be hitting BPS next weekend.

Ron

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

The Phoenix area does not have a lot of good options for boating supplies. West Marine seems to have the best product variety, but it was already mentioned that West Marine is over priced. If I can plan ahead, I use web retailers as much as possible. Iboats is one of my favorite online retailers for boating supplies.

I recall from another post that you planned to boat at Lake Pleasant due to the RV parking that is available there. If that is the case, then hit the Wal-Mart off Happy Valley Rd. and I17. There is nothing special about the boat supplies, but this particular Wal-Mart seems to have allocated more shelf space to boaters than you normally see at the other Wal-Mart's. You won't find anything unique, but this Wal-Mart is good for the very general boating supplies.