Gonfishns Great North Escapade

gonfishn

Commander
Two weeks of peace..Add some entertainment from Eurolarva,Muskyone and Neaumans and you have a worth while fishn trip...Weather never got above the 60,s and lows in the 30,s...Did catch some fins(See Muskie Mojo on fishn side)..<br /><br />Now that I have posted the tales I am sure will flow..(all true)..Read the paper once and saw the news once and that is all in sixteen days. Only noise heard was a couple of loons calling to each other or maybe some fisherman using select language when things were not going right.Only cars I saw were those who were coming to see me..<br /><br />Met Eurolarva,Muskyone,and Neaumans for a day of huntn..Very little fins but the entertainemnt i provided was just as good as the tree episode with MellowYellow. I have met a few here now and even though we come from different parts we really are the same..We love to fish and tell lies..everything else was routine such as boat problems and cover disintegration after 1000 miles :mad: <br /><br />Again EuroLarva I am sorry about the concussion, but I tried to tell you never,ever put a lefthander in the middle when casting with three folks in the same boat..I really feel bad about the second time but ya can only sue me once :D .<br /><br />Never ask Muskyone to speed troll in his boat like I did..At 70 miles an hour it was hard for the lure to catch fish let alone touch the water.. :eek: <br /><br />All in all a good trip and got to meet a couple new friends from iboats to boot..Same time next year for those who want to plan ahead..

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Gonfishns Great North Escapade

Good news indeed Gonfishn. I'm glad y'all had the chance to wet a line together.<br /><br />Fishing is not always about the catching, its about the camaraderie shared between those with like interests. And, in the case of y'all--a great sense of humor too.<br /><br />I'm sure there are some hilarious stories none of us will have the pleasure of hearing. However, I understand that in certain instances, what goes on in the boat, stays in the boat. :) <br /><br />I will have to say I was looking forward to seeing a picture of a 60" muskie with a yellow rubber duckie hanging out of its mouth though.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

But what about Ducky? Did it work, or not?

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Gonfishn had some pretty fast trolling speeds as well. I remember muskyone asking me if I knew any species of fish that could swim that fast. There were a couple of metaphors there that I left out. Pretty cool watching those rapellas water skiing in back of the boat. I am planning on going again next year but got a feeling we will be building a house instead of fishing. Gonfishn has it made up there. His mother was one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She cooked for us and made some awsome deserts. Sure was peaceful up there. Once again I want to thankyou for inviting me up there. I had a great time.

gonfishn

Commander

Between the fish Chowder,monkey bread and the Mudcake(suicide Calories)then add a few friends and you have a get together.<br /><br />Sitting around the fire,watching the sunset and hearing the call of a loon calling its mate make it what the North Woods is all about..<br /><br />Afraid though the only house building I will be doing is coming off the lake and checking in on the contractors who will be putting it all together..I figure three hours of fishn and then checking in should suffice don't ya know EuroLarva.<br /><br />One change did occur after you left..Remember the Table that my sister in-law painted yellow..wellll i expanded on it..not stopping at the table the landing now kinda looks like the boat and outhouse. Will email pics to you once i get them back..Spinner-Bait is to blame for this new addiction of mine..If you remember it was his suggestion..Hopefully MellowYellow and a few more will join me next June for some better fishn and telln of more lies..

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

You mean this outhouse<br />
2004714322227872678277.jpg