Golf Swing...

eeboater

Commander
I got out on the course last weekend for the first time. I'm a "beginner" golfer. I put it in quotes because I've been golfing for about 10 years, but I never really did any research on how to properly golf.<br /><br />Can any expert help me with my chipping? I just can't get it for the life of me!! Am I to follow through with my swing when I chip? How do I position my feet, shoulders, club, etc?<br /><br />Sean

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Golf Swing...

You chip with a putting stroke. The more loft you want, use a higher #'d club, less loft use a lower # club. Check out Golf for Dummies, it really does help. ;) <br /><br />You do want to follow through, just like a putt with that "pendelum" swing.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

chipping is all situational Sean.. foot placement, swing, ball position to stance ... blah blah blah...<br /><br />#1 - don't expect much unless you're hitting a minumum of 300 balls a day<br /><br />#2 - it ain't never gonna happen (unless your a sicko) so accept it and put the $$ into the boat :D <br /><br />#3 - wanna buy some Callaway Big Bertha stainless shafts (low flex) with removeable 1-1/4" steel extensions 1-W, Warbird graphite shaft 3,5,10* Cleveland Lob and a generic Taylor Made putter that has a huge 'sweet spot' :p

mattttt25

Commander

same fundamentals as every other swing. too many people want to give you too many tricks. turn this way, turn that way, put pressure on this foot, blah, blah, blah.<br /><br />highly suggest reading one simple, short book-<br /><br />"the golf swing" by david leadbetter. follow his advice- read it cover to cover, then go back and work through the chapters.