Going where in So.Florida???

My bro.is in Miami for the big game and sent some pic's of the traffic and said don't even think a bike can get you there any faster then hoofing it.Besides it may not be there when you get back,( someone else was in a hurry and will bring it back.) My question is.How do you folks get around down there? I mean,you have to go to the store sometime.:confused::confused:

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Going where in So.Florida???

I hate Miami traffic. But, it really isn't that bad. The traffic in Washington DC and suburbs is a lot worse. I don't know where he was or what time of day. He may have been in South Beach which is always a nightmare, but the scenery is worth it.

Not to steal the thread, but what is traffic like where you live?

My experience has shown:

The drivers in Miami are rude, they cut you off and then flip you the finger.

The drivers in Phoenix cut you off to make a sudden stop and right hand turn. (even in front of cops).

In Vegas, they drive way too fast.

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i drive Miami traffic everyday and at first it is difficult but i know tons of shortcuts and i know where and what times to drive and not to drive. try to avoid 595 east in the morning,595 west in the afternoon. dont dare run 95 south till about 10 am take the turnpike. avoid 836 west at all times. all of south florida is a giant grid so if you go a few streets one way then a few another you can bypass alot of crap. also if you really want to get screwed up go into Hialeah, the streets change from 79th street, to 9th street, then change back to 79th once you are out of Hialeah. and if you dont speak spanish DONT get lost in south miami, just turn around and try again.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I am a satisfied lover of peace, quiet and solitude.

Yesterday I had to drive the roughly 20 miles to Miserable Wells to see my trusted Doc. Outside of the "city" I passed three or four vehicles.

That is about as much traffic as I like, and why I rarely venture into larger cities or the DFW Metroplex.

I lived in S. FL in the 80s and have very unpleasant memories of the driving habits of many Florida Old People, which are bad enough when they are sober. Too often they aren't sober.

Beered up adolescent redneck cowboys in old pickups are a lot easier to dodge.

Fly Rod

Commander

In Florida drive from mid nite till 5 am after that forget about it.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when going to the Keys, we avoid Miami, and I 95, like it was the plague. we go around, it is father but quicker. oly time to go thru their is the weeeeeee hours. then you have to for watch impeared drivers.