GoBee by GoLight LED upgrade.

stevtech

Cadet
GoBee by GoLight LED upgrade.

A friend gave me an GoBee older lamp that was in like new condition. He said the light was always too dull to use.

I made this lamp much brighter, cooler, and less current draw. I put in a Yellow Fog H3 lamp. I chose yellow for penetration into the the water and bug reduction. I used a diamond honing tool, shown in pic. to carefully make the opening large enough to accept the new lamp. This cut away the mounting bracket, and a little glass. I remounted the lamp mounting bracket, noting lamp orientation. I used a 1/2 inch copper pipe coupler to hold the mount in place and carefully put JB weld around the lamp holder avoiding the mounting holes. I slightly spread the the end of the copper pipe to be sure it wouldn't slip into the light. After a day of setting I washed it out with distilled water and a little vinegar, and rinsed again. Let it dry thoroughly and reassemble. I had to squeeze to white female connector a bit to make it fit tight. I also had I had the red wire connector on the bottom of the light. I noticed scratches on the back of the housing from the top lamp screw. I removed the washer and ground down the top of the screw just a little to make the screw head flatter. That just made the screw low enough for the lens housing cover to snap in place. All that being said the light is much brighter now. But the pattern is not as great. The light source is not in the exact same place for the reflector to work properly. But I am happy with the result. 20240322_110457_resized (1).jpg20240323_220129_resized.jpg20240323_220232_resized (2).jpg