gobble..gobble..gobble

k5ranger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
yep...the hunt starts tomorrow. wish me luck, unless ofcourse you're a PETA person...in which case blpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: gobble..gobble..gobble

Cluck...Cluck...Cluck, Kaboom..., Good Luck, and be STILL

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good luck!<br /><br />I've been turkey hunting many times here in Virginia. Those darned birds are so wiley, they can see a hunter from 1/4 mile away! I've never been able to bag one, but have been "busted" many times before. :( <br /><br />Butch<br /><br />P.S. Doesn't PETA always stand for People Eating Tasty Animals? :D

ehenry

Commander

Our season started in March. My neighbor and I hunt together with our kids....so far we've taken 4 birds....one had a double beard.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A couple of big Toms walked through my front yard this morning. All puffed up and displaying. :) <br /><br />Good luck, and take no prisoners.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The wild turkeys taste great deep fried. Best way to cook em.<br /><br />Was going next week, but too many other things going on.<br /><br />ken

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Good Luck :D <br /><br />Our season in Michigan starts next week I believe, but it's divided into four different hunts in order to give more people the oppurtunity to hunt while keeping the number of people in the woods at any one time to a minimum.<br />I will be hunting the last hunt, towards the end of May.

k5ranger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

got skunked ! i did however call a tom within 80 yards, but he would not come around the pond towards me. i could hear another hunter yelping of to my right which i think may have not helped the situaion any. the tom walked away from both are calls.<br />so i got out my ultra light rod and started busting slab crapies in the pond....it's always fun to fish!

FLATHEAD

Captain

We cant go till may :( But the season last all month. I cant think of anything I like more than a nice morning turkey hunt in the pennsylvania woods. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck everytime I hear that big ole boss gobbler coming in to my calls.

Carphunter

Commander

Our season starts April 21st. I got me a week off, so hopefully I can connect with a big 'ol gobbler.<br /><br />Good luck guys.

gaugeguy

Captain

Ours starts May 3rd (a Monday :mad: ), Gobblers are already strutting and displaying. I've got all my calls ready, camo is ready, bought a new Mossy Oak synthetic stock for the shotgun...it just can't get here soon enough.