Go get your free donut!

ndemge

Commander
Re: Go get your free donut!

woohoo, me and the wife goin on a donut date tonight :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

I love donughts. Mmm what will Dr. Adkins say??

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> I love donughts. Mmm what will Dr. Adkins say??
That's, What would Dr. Adtkins say? :D

dolluper

Captain

Nym hows the coarse going you must be well on the way to becoming an office-----R I know it's manaitory BUT :D :D :p

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'll pass.. Jimmy Buffet owns the krispy crap franchise here, and I'm a "boater against Buffet" because of his support of the save the manatee club... <br /><br />Jimmy may choke on a doughnut for all I care..

FSHKPR

Ensign

okay snapper what wrong with the save the manatee club. and how does it affect boaters. checked out thier website and to me it sounds like a worth while cause. so i need to hear the other side of story.

ZmOz

Captain

Every time I go to L.A. where there's a krispy kreme I gain about 5 lbs...good thing there isn't one around here. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Every time I go to L.A. where there's a krispy kreme I gain about 5 lbs...good thing there isn't one around here. :D
They're gonna go broke before they get to you ZmOz. IMHO 'twas a fools game to try to reinvent the wheel. They caused quite a stir while they only had limited availability. How'd ya like to invest in Dunkin Doughnuts. Same, Same!

PW2

Commander

Yep, in my opinion, they are over-hyped and over priced. For a chain, Tim Horton's has better donuts. And outstanding coffee. It's always better to find a small local bakery that bakes their own bread and donuts and whatever--they are always the best!<br /><br />But I'd still take a free one!

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />They're gonna go broke before they get to you ZmOz. IMHO 'twas a fools game to try to reinvent the wheel. They caused quite a stir while they only had limited availability. How'd ya like to invest in Dunkin Doughnuts. Same, Same!
Actually, they were going to open one up pretty close to me, but instead now I think it's going to be a Hooters. Oh well...less fattening, but more jiggle... :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

okay snapper what wrong with the save the manatee club. and how does it affect boaters. checked out thier website and to me it sounds like a worth while cause. so i need to hear the other side of story.
Fshkpr.. How does NO BOATS sound?.. Pretty bad, huh?... When you boil off the BS, NO BOATS is basicly what the save the manatee club wants..<br /><br />Read the SMC "conservation and advocasy page"... Read between the lines... ;) <br /><br />Thanks to lobbyists from the lawsuit happy folks at the SMC we already have no motor zones (basicly, canoe/kayak only) and they want to impose more no motor zones, miles and miles and miles of no wake zones, speed limits in some areas... There's much more.. Too much to go into w/o throwing the tread off... <br /><br />Not that all the SMC has done is all bad.. Matter of fact, they do some great stuff... Funds for mantee rescues & rehab and such, and donations of equipment to US fish & wildlife for example...<br /><br />Unfortunately, far as the SMC is concerned, the bad outweighs the good IMHO...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />They're gonna go broke before they get to you ZmOz. IMHO 'twas a fools game to try to reinvent the wheel. They caused quite a stir while they only had limited availability. How'd ya like to invest in Dunkin Doughnuts. Same, Same!
Actually, they were going to open one up pretty close to me, but instead now I think it's going to be a Hooters. Oh well...less fattening, but more jiggle... :D
Reason stated above is why it never happened at the old Waddles. It's a shame to lose that landmark. All because the landlord got a whiff of new issue money and jacked the rent up to where Waddles couldn't pay it. Now they have an albatross on their hands and Hooters probably waltzed in and named their own rent terms.<br /><br />Also I guess that must say something about the increasing stature of the poor cousin to the north of you, Vancouver. We have a KK. Whadya have to say about that? :p