Gmail

brother chris

Commander
Has anyone got an invite to Google's new email accounts? <br />Apparently you have to be invited to get an email acount with them. <br />I just got an invite and opened my email. The memory size on the account is HUGE. They also have lots of other stuff hotmail and yahoo do not have.<br />So when I get some invites from Google, who wants one? <br />I figure if I can get some invites, I will send them out to some people here and in a little while, all of iboats will have one. <br />Of course that is if you are interested.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Gmail

It'd be intersesting to try out brother chris .. if you get an extra one some where along the line I'd be interested in it.. but only if someone else doesn't want it or need it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have had gmail for a bit now.<br />Barlow, I will send ya an invite.

Bondo

Staff member

SBN set Me up a few weeks ago,..........<br /><br />Haven't used it alot yet,..... But,.. Hey, I Got It...............<br /><br />Thanks Again SBN............ ;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Who needs some? I was invited by Sean on this board and I think I now have about 50 of them? I like the account and it works great.<br /><br />Just post an e-mail address and I will send you one.<br /><br />Bob

I got a G mail "offer" from someone and <br />my spam input immediately tripled. <br /><br /><br />Once they get your mail address its all over.<br /><br />Go figure.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Actually since using Gmail it has a pretty good spam filter. Now my hotmail address gets flooded daily.<br /><br />Bob

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by KennebecRiverGuide:<br /> I got a G mail "offer" from someone and <br />my spam input immediately tripled. <br /><br /><br />Once they get your mail address its all over.<br /><br />Go figure.
That's silly.<br />I have 2 gmail accounts and don't get any spam.<br />You must have another problem other than gmail.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've been on it for about 4 months now as I stopped service with a bigger name carrier. I'm really used to it now and like it. It integrates with my spell-checker where the old (used on outlook express) didn't. Also, you can't use it on Outlook. <br /><br />Pluses:<br />It is a good email box with TONS of room that I never use.<br /><br />Minuses: <br />Everything is in conversational view. That takes a little while to get used to, but now I am more used to it. You have to be careful what you throw away because if you delete 1 message you loose the whole conversation. Just be careful when you delete something.<br />Not used on outlook.<br />Not printer friendly. If you print out something, you get 2 inch wide text so a little message takes 3 pages to print out.<br />This is the biggest negative I've found. If Gmail is your only address, eBay and other big organizations won't recognize it as a trusted email box. Meaning, eBay won't just let you on with a Gmail address without tons of other proof of existence (a good thing for eBay users), but a pain for Gmail users who are honest people like me and don't feel like jumping through a bunch of hoops to be on a group.

dolluper

Captain

A great new trash compactor thanks to Scottie for beaming me up :D :cool: :cool: