GMAC

gonfishn

Commander
I got a 99 Jimmy with over 115,000 miles on her..Am trading her in today for either a Envoy or a Trail Blazer<br /><br />Does any one here have a newer model,lets say a 2005 or even a new one?<br /><br />Are there any pros or cons on the models..(Ford lovers do not count here)? I have been a Chevy man since I started driving and i figure if it ain't broke don't fix it..<br /><br />I know the 90S had a heater core problem and have had to replace two now(covered by GMAC)..<br /><br />Was lookn last week at the new ones and the sticker shock made me grab for the ole nitro :( ..Less shock now since all the bucks i have been putting into my new business makes it easier to write that check out now

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Re: GMAC

Make sure thats its over 6000 lbs to have a complete business wright off

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

That's a great point about the deduction, I think the xl versions of the envoy or trailblazer qualify for a section 179 deductions. Anyone know the GVWR for sure?

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have owned trailblazers since they came out.( Sould say wife does) The latest is the EXT model.By far one of the best vechicles we have owned. My wife swears by them. Good motor with alot of horsepower. The 6cy get on average 16 mpg. Great for towing. Don't even feel the boat back there. The 2005's have a navigation system whitch mine does not.(not that I need it because us guys never need directions.) The onstar is great and a little extra security for the wife knowing she can always reach someone. As you can tell I am a Chevy guy.(Might have something to do with the employee price i get.)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have a new Chevy 4 door Colorado, and I love it. I traded in a 93 Chevy Blazer. It is great to have a truck bed that you can throw stuff in.<br /><br />Depending on options, expect to pay 19-23,000 drive out.<br /><br />Its great having a truck that can hold my family, but get 20.5 MPG on my commute, and 23-24 MPG on the hiway.<br /><br />If you tow a lot, it maxes out at 4000 lbs, but not a problem for me, I can borrow my dads big truck anytime.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have heard a rumor that the Envoy HID headlights are a superhigh dollar replacement part. Check to make sure they are covered under warranty.<br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

Both are great vehicles - let us know which one you get, and what bug deflector, mud flaps, window shades, stabilizer bars, etc, you are going to add! HA!<br /><br />Seriously, I don't think you can go wrong with either one, they are basically the same vehicle. IMO the Envoy has a little nicer trim and interior, but that is just me. I do like the retractable roof - pull back the roof, put up the mid-gate, and you got yourself a pick-up. My next vehicle will be an Envoy, when I decide to get rid of my '91 Bonneville with 32,000 miles on it.<br /><br />P.S. My wife really likes the Envoys - it is hard to pass a GMC dealership without her wanting to stop and sit in them.

eeboater

Commander

'91 Bonneville with only 32K miles on it?! :eek: <br /><br />How did you pull that off?!<br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

True story, I sold it new to a little old lady after her husband, my attorney, died. She wanted a Bonneville, and it had to have stripes (I put red pin stripes on it), a rear deck lid spoiler, and aluminum wheels! She hardly ever drove it, just called me to pick it up and get it inspected for her, or change the oil, etc. When she went to Arizona, when she still could handle the trip, she would ask me to drive it and make sure nothing was wrong with it.<br /><br />Well, 2 years ago she sold it to me for $1! It had 16,000 miles on it! Said she wanted to give it to me, but was afraid people would be upset, so if I gave her a $1, she could tell them I bought it from her.<br /><br />She passed away last year at 89 years of age. What a sweet lady and everytime we get into the car we think of her and remember her fondly.

gonfishn

Commander

Well I did it..2005 Trail Blazer ls series.. Three Seater..Smoke Gray Metallic..Gots all the bells and whistles..Onstar plus a bunch of other goodies...This ole Ridgerunner is still trying to figure out what all the buttons are for.<br /><br />One feature I do like is that she has a sensor that automatically kicks her into four wheel when the roads get bad..Hit phone and say your number and its called for you..Cell phone can be linked to system..<br /><br />She is a beaut boys..Wife don't know it yet.. :eek: Any advice what I could do here..D-day is in about two hours..Told her I had a surprise for her :D ..<br /><br />Bad enough just starting a manufacturing plant let alone buy a newie..Hey I deserve it(as muskie trys to get brave before herself gets home)..Heck its the banks fault they said no sweat..I guess since I am into them for so much now whats another 42Gs plus..lol..Yep got her the same color as my boat..you know color cordinated and all that..

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Quote:<br />Wife don't know it yet.....<br /><br />Oh man I'm afeared yer gonna hafta change yer screenname to "donfishn"

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

OK GF.<br />Is it Gonfishin or Donfishin now??<br />I am a Ford man myself, but you got a nice truck there.<br />How bout some pics? Or did the wife put too big a whuppin on ya??? :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

How does the MRS. like HER new Trailblazer? Nice touch getting it to match the boat, but that won't make any difference when it comes time to claiming ownership!<br /><br />Enjoy your new ride - you deserve it!

gonfishn

Commander

Well I kinda survived the night..In the past we had an agreement that what I spent on fishing she got the same In bucks to do what she wanted..It has cost me a small fortune. For those of you who have seen my lure collection will understand..<br /><br />She kinda knew when I went out that day I was bringing something home..<br />She went to visit her mothers in MY TRAILBLAZER as Muskie says this with authority..Well when she came home she handed me a binder with some pages in it..<br /><br />At the Top she wrote 42,600 dollars..Remember what I said about the lure exchange..Yep you got it..She doen't want a new car but will find other ways to compensate herself :eek: She told me she will keep accurate records until we are even again..<br /><br />The heck with this fifty fifty stuff when you are married..Needless to I won or did I on this..lol...Will get some pics in a few days together and post for ya..