glastron sx

sle

Recruit
hello,<br /><br />new to boating. this is the second website have posted this question and am looking for some more opinions. will be obtaining a 2002 glastron 175sx 3.0 volvo. have seen a lot of chatter about the bigger engine and wanted any feedback/help about how well the 3.0 will pull bigger slalom skiers/wakeboarders, etc. not sure of the prop that will be on it. not worried about blowing people away or "yanking people's arms off" just having a nice experience with new and average skiers and getting them up <br />without drinking half the lake.<br /><br />(have had the experience of friends seadoo challenger 110 hp single engine jet boat that ...eventually... got you up on one ski only if you were 150lbs or less and don't want to repeat that)<br /><br />thanks so much in helping out a new boater

Heller1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: glastron sx

shouldnt be a problem...i am 210 and get up behind my 3.0 glastron very easily on skis and wakeboard.. I have used both a 3 blade aluminum 19 pitch and 4 blade SS 21 pitch...both work fine for me....just get a little more speed outta the 21 pitch

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

My Rinker 181 (18 foot fiberglass runabout with a Merc 3.0) does an adequate job of getting me and my other 200lb friends out of the water on one ski with 3 to 4 people in the boat. Just make sure it's propped to it's absolute max RPM at WOT, so you get maxiumum holeshot. Mine has a 17 pitch and spins about 4,700 at 37 mph wide open. A 19 pitch gives me a few more MPH, but drags longer when pulling a skier.<br /><br />It'll likely drag you a little bit, but not bad. A lot of people on this site swear by Smart-tabs to help plane the boat faster, might be worth considering but by all means try it out as-is first.<br /><br />Enjoy, and welcome!

Sooner44

Seaman

The 175SX/MX 3.0L will be borderline pulling the 200 lb plus skiers up. I have a 2005 3.0L and I had a little issue getting up (with driver only in boat).<br />Both my SeaRay and Glastron have the 3.0 and I have been skiing, for 25 years behind the 3.0L, just don't expect a powerhouse, it is not.<br />Tubeing & wake board will be no problem.<br />I have to drag a leg getting up, get used to it :)