Glastron gs259 volvo penta gxi 5.0 will not start

dodboss

Cadet
While working on the boat I accidently shorted 12v wire against the engine block last weekend, when I went to start it yesterday it turned over but would not start, no matter what we tried. I may just be unlucky and the 2 things are not related, but ever since I got the boat it has started first time every time without a problem, even after the winter sitting around for 8 months, so I fear I have done something.

alldodge

Staff member
Posting also in the OMC section is not the way to go

What is the serial number?

Horigan

Chief Petty Officer
You likely tripped a circuit breaker or fuse. What did the 12V wire power?

dodboss

Cadet
Further testing yesterday, found that I have a spark at the plug and also have fuel coming as far as to the fuel pipe at the top of the engine near the inlet manifold, but battery now dead from trying to start so will have to take out of the water for further testing. This will be fun without power!

dodboss

Cadet
Posting also in the OMC section is not the way to go - I do not understand, am I in the wrong place to ask these type of questions?

What is the serial number? - 4012196875

alldodge

Staff member
You also posted this question in the OMC section 2 minutes after posting this one. The Mod's deleted that one, and your in the right section

have a spark at the plug and also have fuel coming as far as to the fuel pipe

Having fuel at the pipe? Does this mean you have it at the fuel rail checking at the schrader valve?

If it is there what is the pressure your getting?