Glastron contact details?

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,

I have a VEC hull and notice some spider cracking wanted to get glastron to take a look as per the VEC 'lifetime warranty'.

Is Glastron still operating, can't see, to find anyone's contact details.

harringtondav

Commander
Hi all,

I have a VEC hull and notice some spider cracking wanted to get glastron to take a look as per the VEC 'lifetime warranty'.

Is Glastron still operating, can't see, to find anyone's contact details.
Glastron is still producing boats. Contact info below.
I believe VEC hulls were short lived. Glastron and Larson VEC boats were built in the same Genmar factory. Larson died off several years ago. I hope you have some luck getting a repair.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
VEC Hulls were Garbage

Good Luck, you gonna need it

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I own one. There are voids where the Glass is completely dry, no Resin. Mine had a complete Transom Delamination. Glastron did F**k All, so much much for their Bull Fecal Matter Lifetime Warranty.
Open Mold, with hand laid Glass and Resin, sees Glass saturated with Resin.

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I own one. There are voids where the Glass is completely dry, no Resin. Mine had a complete Transom Delamination. Glastron did F**k All, so much much for their Bull Fecal Matter Lifetime Warranty.
Open Mold, with hand laid Glass and Resin, sees Glass saturated with Resin.
Interesting, possible a badly made hull at the time, just luck of the draw?

I've seen open molded boats only a few years old requiring new transoms think it was a regal at the boatyard.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Cars, Boats, Cameras. If there is a Defective item in stock, I will be the one to get it.

briangcc

Commander
I'm not so sure Glastron is actually producing boats. All listings on their site say "Dealer Inventory only". There used to be quite a few Glaston dealers around me, there are all of (2) now with no stock.

Going off memory, this is how Bryant went out of business.

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I contacted them and had a response, they suggested they've very much still in business - whatever that means exactly, who knows.