Glasply Citron

WileE

Cadet
I'm looking at a citron for sale, it's a 16-18 foot, four cylinder inboard, no title. anyone know what year it might be or where I might find the hull number

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Kind of a, no it is a very broad question.

The HIN, Hull Identification Number, used on 1972 and later boats is usually on the starboard side of the transom. Once you find the number, the HIN can be decoded to show the year.

Where are you located? Some places are impossible to register without a title in title states or a paperwork trail in non-title states.

WileE

Cadet
I'm in Montana, I didn't see anything on the outside of the hull, could it be on the inside?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It will probably need a total gut and rebuild. Check threads in the rebuild section before buying anything.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
If its a post 1972, it'll have a HIN on the top right exterior of the transom as GA said. If theres no #, then its likely pre-1972, or the HIN has been removed. Any # it has is likely a Serial# that wont be very helpful and not likely to ID the year, unless you happen to have the factory production records for Glasply.

Look under the dash, near the helm and on around the transom on the inside for an ID tag that might have the Ser# on it.

Those records have likely been lost to time a very long time ago.

Montana doesnt title boats or the seller just doesnt have 1? Thats an important question to answer 1st.

It looks like a run of the mill late 60s thru late 70s closed bow runabout

If the motor doesnt run, then its worth about the same amount as the trailer would be alone in Montana.

And probably needs a full rehab.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
What motor and drive are in it? Looks like a money pit to me.

WileE

Cadet
it has the 4 cylinder inboard, I was told they took it out last year, I definitely start it before i buy it, if I buy it

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You need to know the make and model of the motor and outdrive. But expect huge repairs needed on the boat itself.

WileE

Cadet
I found a tag in the boat, serial # 81676 80225, can this tell me what year it is

WileE

Cadet
No Title

here are more pictures of the boat, after a few days of research, I think it's a 1971

Attachments

• photo261675.jpg
    photo261675.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo261676.jpg
    photo261676.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0