gffbhn

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
hytmjumj[uthmythjymu jrffvgrb thgmj,.lhfvb ,ktrevc bnmlkoo.';/<br /><br /><br />ooops,<br />Sorry, I fell asleep and my head was on the keyboard.<br /><br />Must be bedtime. Besides, I am going skiing tomorrow!! Nyaa, Nyaa, Nyaaa.<br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: gffbhn

Shift, Tab, Caps Lock, I can work em all :D <br /><br />Darn WX. It was 16F with high winds. Too dang cold to go skiing. Wind Chill was between -7 and -10. The tram was on 30 minute wind hold all day. That means the winds were gusting above 35 mph. :( <br />Reckoned I would save the tickets for another day.<br /><br />Here is a link to my favorite ski resort in AK.<br /> Alyeska Resort <br /><br />AK Chappy

Link

Rear Admiral

Too darn cold fer me. But looking forward to visiting B & SIL when it warms up. Told you he is now my favorite BIL now that he lives in Alaska :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Lots to do up here Link. What time of year are you planning your trip up here? 5 species of salmon running, halibut charters are relatively inexpensive. Depends on if you want a meat run or go for the monsters as to time of year and what kind of charter you go on.<br /><br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I sent it up to get mailed SBN. I did.<br /> :( <br /><br />I got yours though.<br />Thank You.<br /><br />AK Chappy

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

s-s-s-si-six-t-t-t-t-t-eeeeee-nn-n-n-n? Dang, thats cold....
27.gif

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> s-s-s-si-six-t-t-t-t-t-eeeeee-nn-n-n-n? Dang, thats cold....
27.gif
LOL,<br />Snapper 16 wasn't the cold part. I would love to ski in 16F and clear skies. We call it a Bluebird day. You can see the terrain features better. We usually end up with a very flat lighting condition. You tend to find the steep drops when you don't expect them. :D <br />It was the wind that killed it.<br />I work outside, and we don't shut down until the wind chill gets to -50F.<br />NOW THAT IS COLD!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

Good for you Chappy - if I can't go skiing, no one should! Man, I miss the white stuff! I wish it would get down to 16 here! I would even settle for 16C right now!<br /><br />Enjoy the snow for me, will ya?! Have fun in the white stuff! I will do my best to have fun in the sand.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Chappy just think in another 120+ days we'll be back on the water.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

arr,<br />I know the feeling. I don't get into ice-fishing. I do go snowmachining and skiing in the winter tho.<br />I have to leave for a couple of years in June, so I just might get a Deshka run, or a Russian River trip or two in before I go.<br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

Hey, what ever happened to the crawfish they found around Kenai? I heard that it has the biologists abuzz because of this invasive species. Learned it got in the river from a girl that tried to save the crawfish when her mom was going to make gumbo! Last I heard they were still looking for the other 3 crawfish the girl left go! Did you hear anything about this? And did they find the missing crawdads?

KaGee

Admiral

Up until yesterday it's been colder than 16 here in Ohio AK... You left the cold air with us!

eeboater

Commander

AK -- I truly pity you. During the drive up to Green Bay (from Milwaukee) last weekend for Christmas, my temp guage on my Jeep was saying it was -7 outside. As everyone knows, thermometers can't measure wind chill, so I can't imagine what the wind chill was. AND IT WAS GUSTIN!!!<br /><br />I hate Wisconsin because of its weather. Yeah, a hurricane may destroy my house. But you know what, I'd rather live down south than in this god-forsaken frigid tundra.<br /><br />Sean

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

eeboater... I spent 2 winters at Great Lakes Naval Station. Used to go to Milwaukee on the weekends...yeah it sho do get cold up there. Was a big shock for a South Carolina boy to see all that cold and snow. I drove it one time, after that I took the train. :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> Lots to do up here Link. What time of year are you planning your trip up here? 5 species of salmon running, halibut charters are relatively inexpensive. Depends on if you want a meat run or go for the monsters as to time of year and what kind of charter you go on.<br /><br />AK Chappy
It will be in the summer! They just PCS'd up there this year and will be there until at least 07 so I dont know if it will be this comming year or 06.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Link,<br />I might know them. Where did they PCS from? Do they work on the good airplanes? By that I mean the C-17 and C-5's.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Link

Rear Admiral

PCS'd from Texas <br />And she is a different type of mechanic.<br />So I hope you never do meet while she is on duty!<br />MD in ER :eek: <br />Off duty though she almost all Tomboy! Black belt in the martial arts. Will go hiking, kayaking, or head for the rifle range at the drop of a hat.<br />Good marksman too! <br />Husband Mike wants to learn how to fish next summer.<br />If you ever in the area drop in say hello for me.<br />She would get a kick out of it.<br />Dr or Maj Veesart, first name is Janet.