Getting thru Winter

RC

Petty Officer 1st Class
I need a hobby! It's getting dark earlier and we will change time soon. What do all of you do when it's cold and dark outside and you just got home from work. Watching tv and messing around on the computer is getting old. I need something to keep me busy for a couple of hours. Oh, and we've got two kids so what you're thinking wouldn't work!

ndemge

Commander
Re: Getting thru Winter

How old are the kids, and do you have a welder :)

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Crochet? Make nice pillows for the boat seats? The hooks are safer than knitting needles.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Buy a manky old outboard off ebay for a few dollars and rip it down in the workshop just for fun :D <br /><br />Even better: rip it down on the kitchen table then take a course in Divorce Law :rolleyes:

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

You live in the bay area of California so why don't you take up boating. You don't have a winter there you know. Chief ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Scuse me!!!!<br /><br />It's not even Fall yet!!<br /><br />We need to add a few more words to the "cuss" list that pop up as ****** when you type. And one of them is WINTER! &^%%$$##!!!!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

You could take up posting about changing light bulbs. I understand that's a time consuming endeavor. ;) ;) :) <br /><br />Please, just don't do it here.... :D :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

*) get into reloading ammo and bullseye target shooting. <br /><br />*) begin writing a book<br /><br />*) wooden lure making......carve yer own, maybe the kids would help paint 'em. ya might wind up with some incredibly unusual patterns. :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Squid Jigging comes to mind<br /><br />Bass fishing<br /><br />Stunt Kite flying.. I have red and green led lights so you know which string to pull at night!<br /><br />Wood working or building antenna's in the shop.<br /><br />Pick up a copy of Tail Chasers Song by Tad Williams and read it to the kids<br /><br />UFO hunting? <br /><br />Pull the boat into the garage and just tinker with her :D

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Get some maps and plan a trip to somewhere there is a real winter or use the time to figure out when California drops into the sea.

RC

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL :D :D <br />You're right, we really don't have much of a winter, I shouldn't be complaining already!<br />I like the models idea...until I saw it meant cars ;)

treedancer

Commander

Post a political troll on dockside that will take care of at least one month :D