Getting my new boat!

Sockherman

Recruit
First time poster on this website. I've had a 10ft jon boat for several years that was given to me with a 3 hp Gamefisher motor. Finally able to afford a real boat, though I've been wanting one for years.

Went to look at a 2008 Stingray 185 LX I found online from a local dealer. Just the basic Volvo 135 hp motor. The deal ended up being $16k for the everything, to include the titling registration, necessary safety equipment, handheld vhf radio etc..

I'll be taking the boat out on their demonstration ride on Monday. If I don't like it I don't have to purchase it but otherwise it is mine. Getting a call back tomorrow regarding the exact APR % and what not onthe loan, also will be contacting my Credit Union to see if they can beat it.

Just happy to finally be getting a boat.

Bill

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Getting my new boat!

Congratulations.
Stingray is good boat. Are you getting a trailer to go with it? Also, start looking around for insurance.

Sockherman

Recruit

Yep, trailer too. I will be calling tomorrow for insurance as well.

Thanks,
Bill

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Stingrays are sharp looking. I saw one the other day that had it's name on the side - which of course is normal. Except that the name -completely- interrupted the rub rail. It was like, "no, this name is so sharp looking, it MUST go here. I don't care if that's where the rub rail goes. Change it."

Pretty slick, and gratz!

Sockherman

Recruit

I'm taking it out with the dealer on Monday to make sure everything works and also its my last chance to say I don't like the way it rides and I won't have to get it. Once I bring it home I will get some pictures.

Bill