Get the sign

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. - A mother was charged with felony child abuse for allegedly putting her two 5-year-olds in the trunk of her car in a store parking lot.<br /><br />Police said Tamatha Parker, 33, told authorities she would turn herself in Wednesday.<br /><br />She was not arrested after the incident Saturday because the children became upset about the possibility of their mother going to jail, authorities said.<br /><br />Another driver in the Wal-Mart parking lot alerted an off-duty, out-of-town police officer, who said he made the driver let the children out of the trunk. He also contacted local police.<br /><br />“I don’t think any reasonable adult would have done anything differently,” said Wayne Ingersoll, who was back at work on the Sandown, N.H., police force Tuesday. “The dangers of children being in a trunk like that are obvious, especially on such a hot day.”<br /><br />Ingersoll said the driver initially denied having children in the trunk, but then untied the rope that was holding the trunk shut and let out the children. The woman told city police that she was punishing the children for misbehaving inside the store, authorities said.<br /><br />She also told police she did not plan to leave the parking lot with them in the trunk, Fredericksburg police spokesman Jim Shelhorse said.<br /><br />Ingersoll said he had been on vacation in South Carolina and stopped in Fredericksburg to have his camper repaired.<br /><br /><br />Man, how stupid do they get? :mad: :mad:

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Get the sign

"Ingersoll said the driver initially denied having children in the trunk, but then untied the rope that was holding the trunk shut and let out the children."<br />===================================<br /><br />Now...what the heck?! Everyone knows that you use a bungee cord to hold the trunk lid closed. You use ropes to tie the mattress on the top of the car, and a coat hanger to keep the hood closed.<br /><br />What's this country coming to?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Someone could get hurt if the bungee snaps. Hey the kids were at least fully clothed....weren't they?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I know a couple whose small children crawl through the back seat and into the trunk of their car. I have seen them load and unload the kids through the trunk. The kids think it’s great. I bet this will make them think twice before letting their kids out of the trunk in public.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It is ashame when parents resort to other means of punshiment instead of being worried about spanking their kids. Children need to be taught there is consequiences for bad decesions.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

No CATransplant you use a coathanger to hold the muffler on and DUCTAPE to keep the hood shut!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I dunno? Judging from the cut of the jib of a large number of patrons at my local Walmart, I'm not too surprised.

QC

Supreme Mariner

We arrested one of them here today in case you guys thought we just winked at 'em :D . Lady left her baby locked in the car while she went to lunch. Not a very hot day at all, maybe 75, but still really, really stupid and just plain . . . uh, stupid.<br /><br />Boomer, I haven't heard yet, but I'm figuring a Walmart lunch . . .