Georgia Fishing

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My brother has re-located to Agusta Georgia due to duty locations changing (Army). He is looking for a good place to catch some fish. Doesn't own a boat so he fishes from shore. Can anyone give some suggestions as to where he and his kids can go and catch some fish??

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Georgia Fishing

Clark Hill (or Strom Thurmond if on the SC side), just north of Augusta ... and Fort Gordon happens to have a rec facility there. 8)

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is this saltwater?? I'm pretty sure that he's got a couple of places (ponds) that he fishes freshwater.

nlain

Commander

Shep, that is freshwater, if he wants saltwater he will need to go to Savannah, he can go to Tybee (Savannah Beach) and fish off of the pier in the ocean. I know there are some areas that you can fish the rivers from the bank I just cannot think where right now. Thank him for his service for us also.

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Will do. He really misses the fishing in Louisiana so I figured to ask and see if we could get him on something. Thanks for your reply.

nlain

Commander

Have him go here and join, there are a lot of folks from the Ga, SC, coast on this board, there are 2 Army bases in the savannah area, Hunter Army Airfield and Fort Stewart, I am sure that between both active and retired military as well as just us regular members someone can help with better info.

http://www.coastaloutdoors.com/ibf/

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Nlain... I really do appreciate it as I'm sure he will be.d:)

shawn7

Cadet

I live in Beaufort SC... abour 45 minutes north of Savannah. We're known for Parris Island... but .. as for the fishing.. we have a new pier (used to be a road) that is good for fishing. Real nice small town feel w/great rivers to fish from :)

~Shawn

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Their are actually three peirs on tybee island. most people only know about the big one though. There is one on the back side of the island almost directly opposite the big peir and one on the causeway on the way in. The bait shop on the backside of the island knows which is best at which time a day. Buy all your stuff from there as it is cheaper than anywhere else on the island. I think its down a gravel road and is next to a kayak rentle place.