Geneva Boats - Manitou Beach Michigan (fiberglass runabout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstart

Cadet
I just purchased a boat and would like to know more about the company that's on the boat. "Geneva Boats - Manitou Beach Michigan". <br /><br />The previous owner only knew it was a 1958 boat and has been in storage since early 1980. The boat is fiberglass. Approx 15' long and has an Envinrude Starflie V4 450 Golden Jubilee outboard motor.<br /><br />Any info on Geneve Boats -Manitou Beach, Michigan would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />I have contacted the local library but have yet to hear from them. And have a message (and pictures) into the fiberglassics bb<br /> http://www.fiberglassics.com/forms/forum1/showmessage.asp?fm=Forum&messageID=30633

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: Geneva Boats - Manitou Beach Michigan (fiberglass runabout)

That is a very nice boat. It seems I have seen a boat that looks like that before.<br /><br />What lake(s) have you been to with it.<br /><br />I'll bet you it was made <br />HERE. At least in that area.

dstart

Cadet

thanks.<br />the city and state of the comapny is no problem.<br />it's the company i want to know more about.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

I figured you knew it but I didn't know there was a Manitou Beach, MI. As it turns out there are two. The one I showed the link to is near another small town named Geneva. So the name makes sense and the town does also. <br /><br />When you say that you called the local library do you mean the one over in/near Manitou Beach?<br /><br />I'm a master of the obvious I guess.

Hermyboy3000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

dstart,<br /><br /><br />I purchased this 1970 Geneva runabout 2 months ago and I have been looking high and low for some info about the company too.<br /><br />As you can see in the picture, it's in the middle of a repaint. I'm trying to restore it to its original glory(whatever that might have been?)<br /><br />Please let me know if you've found any info on them. I sure would like to see some of their old marketing materials, posters, manuals or whatever.<br /><br />BTW, any of you out there have any I idea how I can paint the hull easily? I use sprayers not rollers. Thanks! <br /><br />
Geneva4web.jpg

dstart

Cadet

i did find a geneva brochure. i will look for it .. the brochure i think was a 1970's brochure. after much research, i did find geneva boats business in michigan busines records (old record .. not in buiness anymore) and worte to the owner. i never got a reply back.

dstart

Cadet

here's a picture of my geneva boat<br /><br />
41305488_bd53950bd5_o.jpg

dstart

Cadet

i found my 1971 geneva boats brochure. i will post pictures of it here next week when i have time to scan.<br /><br />the brochure also had a price list. models wher MELBOURNE, BEDFORD, SCAMP, WINDSOR, SPORTSMAN, SAN JUAN, FREEPORT TRI HULL, KINGSTON,

Hermyboy3000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

AWESOME DSTART!!!<br /><br />Thanks for the quick reply! Your Geneva is beautiful, I can't believe what great shape she's in!! Did you restore her yourself? <br /><br />I've got a ways to go with mine, but she floats and flies across the water pretty quick with a tube behind her!<br /><br />I would love to see those scans. You didn't happen to see my boat in that brochure did you? The guy I bought my boat from said it was 1970 but that's weird to me considering the engine in it is a 1973 AQ130. So I'm lost as to what exactly I have in my hands.<br /><br />It's great to finally talk to another Geneva owner! Hopefully more will come out of the woodworks!

Hermyboy3000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

DSTART!!! What happened to you man? Still have the Geneva? I still have mine, and boy does she just get sweeter with age! Talk to me!

Hermyboy3000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I know this thread is pretty old, but I hope someone is out there that can supply me with more info about Geneva Motorboat Co. Also, I'd love to meet other owners.

Here are some pics of my Geneva

Attachments

• 102_0784.jpg
    102_0784.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 102_0789.jpg
    102_0789.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1

buddhanelson

Recruit

I am looking for any information on the boat I just bought. I purchased a 1965 14' Fiberglass Geneva "Wave Breaker" and I cannot find any info on it. I have considered reselling and would love to know an approximate resale value. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

BEAST302

Recruit

Hello, Fellow Geneva Owners. I Recently Purchased A 1964 Geneva Melbourne 15.5 Ft Fiberglass Open Bow. Nice Little Boat. I Too Have Had Lots Of Trouble Finding Info. I Do Have The Original Owners/parts Catalog. Only Thing I Know For Sure Is That They Were Made In Hudson, Michigan. If You Find Any More Info I"d Like To Know. Good Luck...i"ll Posts Pics Later

mike-the-cobra

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hermyboy3000, 1 word

Sweeeeeeeeet..............

BEAST302

Recruit

Still Havent Found Any More Info On Geneva Boat Co. But Not Giving Up. However My 1964 Johnson V60 Is Purring Like A Lion. Good Luck To All

Tom Faunce

Recruit

I have a 1957 Geneva Mahogany Plywood Boat 14ft runabout, with a 35hp Evinrude Lark and trailer. All must of been the original package. It is in very good shape. Want to find out more info on it. I know Geneva made fiberglass boats. This is wooden. Does anyone know anything about them? They were made in Michigan

crrmac

Recruit

this is beautiful!! we just inhereted a 73 Geneva, any advice on restoration?

dlw2448

Recruit

If you would check with the Library, Hudson Historical Museum, (Hazel Monahan) in Hudson, MI I'm sure you will be able to find out more about the Geneva Boat Co. Geneva boats were manufactured in Hudson,Mi. I am a retired UPS driver from Hudson and delivered frequently to this company in the late 60's and early 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.