Generator wanted for 1962 Evinrude

Desert_Bassin

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone know where I may be able to pick up a good generator for my 1962 75hp Evinrude? Thanks!!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Generator wanted for 1962 Evinrude

They come up on ebay once in a while, there's more to it than just the generator tho. Chief

Desert_Bassin

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Chief, Yes I know there is more to it, I have the complete wiring diagram, Just want to be able to spend the weekend on the water and use a trolling motor and accessories and not have to worry about running out of juice. Thanks again.

Paul Moir

Admiral

I take it you know that the generator isn't much right? 10 amps max at full throttle (and less at less) isn't likely going to keep up with a TM. Good for peace of mind though, as you can recharge the batts a bit if you need to. :) <br />Try the online junkyards too - here's a couple:<br />Twin City Outboards<br />Marine Parts Outlet<br />Vintage<br />Don't forget the belt - it's hard to find as well.

Desert_Bassin

Seaman Apprentice

Hmmmmm 10 amps?? Well like you said, guess its better than nothing. Thanks for the links too.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Desert_Bassin, I have a '60 75hp Evinrude that runs real good, but because of the lack of generator I don't use it. Thems are really nice running motors and smoothe as can be, but with the electronics, and wanting to stay out at night with lights I just use the later models with the built in alternater. Chief