Gauges own resistance?

tochinski

Cadet
I'm doing my boat computer hobby project. I'm in beginig stage: hardware (SBC board, acquisition module, GPS, and tiny OLED display) already identified, purchased and tested.
Now I'm ready to start testing of gauges reading (except tachometer).

For reading of senders I need to know what gauge own resistance is (between I and S)
with disconnected sender. My guess it is around 90 Ohms.
I'm looking for temperature, oil pressure, fuel level and trim gauges.

If someone is working with gauges, dash, has old ones, would you measure resistance for me, please?
Again, it should be between I and S, with disconnected sender, ignition is off. Or on disconnected gauge.

I'm going to measure mine as well, but I'm looking for statistics.
I would appreciate your replays.

I couldn't find this information- it is not published anywhere, and seem like it might vary for different makers. Though senders' resistances are standard.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gauges own resistance?

Fuel gauge: New p/n 59655 = 101.2 ohms
Temp Gauge: New p/n 859684-1 = 101.2 ohms

jtbuck

Recruit

I have a gauge problem and I am looking for a way I can test the gauge grounds to insure that I have a grounding problem.

Sivertrip, you seem to be the guy to talk to about this.

I took the batteries out for winter, gauges worked... put them back in for summer, no gas gauge and the battery and temp
gauges are weak, reading lower than usual. There is one gas tank for both crusader 305's and the gas gauge is controlled by the
starboard engine.... when I start the engine the gauge falls to empty with a near full tank, and again the other gauges work but weak.

even more... there was one day that it was real rough on the water and when the boat tilted to port the gauge came alive, when it tilted back to starboard it went out again, I was certain at that point that I would find a loose wire at the batteries for this gauge problem. what I did find was a broken battery hold down bracket and the battery out of position, but I cannot duplicate what happened on the water by moving wires, battery...nothing. and I cannot find a ground that is not hooked up. I cleaned all the battery connections and still nothing... where else should I be looking for what I believe is a bad ground for that engines gauges.

Any Help really appreciated.

Jim

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats Jim

If you have a problem, please just start a new thread of your own. No need to hijack someone elses thread or open really old threads. Just start your own, with your information.

tochinski

Cadet

I've measured my gauges rensistance
TELEFLEX 56932P VECTOR OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
TELEFLEX 57646P VECTOR TEMPERATURE GAUGE
Teleflex Vector Boat Fuel Gauge 56930
103 Ohms

TELEFLEX 56935P VECTOR TRIM GAUGE 12V - 120 Ohms