Gauge Mounting

jsmccasl

Cadet
Does anyone know if there are adapters that will allow a 2" gauge to be mounted in a 3" hole?<br /><br />Thanks

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Gauge Mounting

Those square bezels aren't really made as an adapter to mount a 2" gauge in a 3" hole. They are made to be mounted in a square cut-out. I'm not sure if there are commercially available adapters like that out there (my company does not make them, and I haven't seen our competitors advertise them). I have seen people make adapters though, but they never look quite right.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

My thoughts were to mount it under the dash, install gauge and come up with a customized cover to go over the opening. Just a thought...

gaugeguy

Captain

Yeah that would work, but you'd still be making a custom front that wouldn't look like anything else on the panel. People do sell custom panels that you can mount your existing gauges in, so everything looks like it is in it's place.

rc581

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi jeff... go to an electrical supply store and ask for 3 in. to 2 in. reducing washers. i believe they will work just fine for your perpouse. they are galvanized and should look just fine.. its worth a try, and very inexpensive, maybe a buck or 2.. check em out and let me know what u think. i use them quite often. good luck....bob

jsmccasl

Cadet

Thanks to all for the advice. I had looked at the square mounts already, but I never thought of the washer idea. I was in a marine store a couple of days ago and just hapenned to run across a gauge cut out blank, which is the same color and texture as the smaller gauge I am working with. It will be perfect. Don't have any idea who the mfg is, neither did the guy at the store.<br /><br />Jeff