Gator tip for Gonfishn

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Hey gonfishin, When you was at Clearfork, you should have tried over the spillway. Two guys earlier in the week pulled 4 out of the stream just over the spillway. Big ones at that. I forgot to tell you about that spot. Its about like shooting ducks in a barrel. It is probably fished out now, but every spring these two guys put their little boat in there and pull em out. Just need to get there before they do.<br /><br />It is just hard to believe that big fish like that can live in such a small stream. Amazing. Thought I would let you know....

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Gator tip for Gonfishn

Every spring many gators go over the damns and get stuck in the pools..Many go down stream yet alot end up dying once the water temps get up...<br /><br />Every spring the DNR and many gator addicts go to the spillways and catch them..They are tagged and put back into the lake..Sad part about that is many times the next day they are back below the spillway..I have seen some 50 inchers caught there..<br /><br />Not only gators but alot of different fins are lost over the spillway only to die if they don't go down stream..<br /><br />DNR folks are working with state to build a system to eliminate the lake loss that occurs each spring..The dnr have actually stopped stocking muskies on those lakes that don't do the necessary changes..

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Gator tip for Gonfishn

Wow, that is really sad. I know that the stream that is created by the spill way is not big enough to support the muskies feeding habits. They probably would be in shock and die from that itself after going over the spillway. <br /><br />Thanks for Muskie lesson 101 Gonfishn :D