Gasoline theft

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Incredibly good weather this week, highs in the 70's, so I headed down to the lake Friday. I usually keep my fishing gear locked in the truck for the drive, but this time I just left it all in the boat while I ran into a small town grocery store for provisions.<br /><br />I didn't notice until I was ready to launch that my spare gas can was missing. Everything else was there, rods, tackle bags & boxes, batteries, T/M, even the other gas tank - only missing 5 gallons of premixed gasoline. That is so dam irritating. Ended up buying some marina gas at over $2! If I hadn't just filled it an hour earlier I might've thought I left it at home. <br /><br />It's a heck of a deal when the most valuable thing I own is gasoline. Hope it fouls their car!

ndemge

Commander
Re: Gasoline theft

That sucks.<br /><br />of my 3 vehicles, 2 of them double in value when I fill the tank.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear that jtx :( <br />i'm glad that they did'nt swipe your tackle,that would've been a bummer.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JTexas - are you sure you didn't leave the tank at the gas station where you filled it ? I've been known to do that... the full tank still being there the next day, to my amazement...and embarrassment :eek: <br /><br />If it was stolen, I also hope it fouls the crook's car (unless that's stolen too... :rolleyes: )

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

kiwi that would be a possibility but for the fact that I remember lifting it into the boat and mixing in the oil right there at the station.<br /><br />I can only presume that since they left a whole boat-load of valuable stuff (at least, valuable in the sense that it took a long time to accumulate it all), they must have really been in a fix & needed the gasoline much worse than I did.

KaGee

Admiral

I found out my spark plugs are all fouled in the Escape this morning.... :p <br />JK!<br />Sorry J.... When someone steals from you it hurts twice... the loss itself and the violation you feel inside.

TilliamWe

Banned

"they must have really been in a fix & needed the gasoline much worse than I did."<br /><br />And let me guess, had they come up to you & asked for your help, you might have given them some of the gas for free, wouldn't you?<br /><br />It sucks when people steal. Cause now the next time someone does ask you, you'll tell them "no" cause the idiot who ripped you off ruined it for everyone else.