Gasket sealent

dk6164

Seaman
I just replaced the lower unit on my Alpha One Gen 1 outdrive. I installed a new water pump assembly and put it back together, put fresh oil in it, pressure tested it and figured, good to go. Then I remembered that I forgot to put sealent on the pump gaskets! Do I need to tear it apart again and seal the gaskets or can I let it be? <br />Thanks!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Gasket sealent

Nope, no sealant required on the water pump gaskets.

dk6164

Seaman

That much I remembered. I just thought I read on a post that they used sealent on the gasket. I can't understand why they would need it but there's alot about these things I don't understand. Which is why help from you guy's is worth it's weight in GOLD<br /><br />Thank's again- one less thing to nag at me!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That is why you should have a manual. It answers all those little questions. Even the ones you don't even think to ask.

dk6164

Seaman

I hate to admit it, but I do have the PDF manual from one of your past posts. I even printed it out and read it. Didn't see anything about sealant but well...you know, I'm another worry-wort when it comes to these things. Too expensive too fix if you mess up!