gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavinRaven

Petty Officer 1st Class
Must have caught up to the new boaters this year haven't seen to many new boater fun posts as of late.

chris.olson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We have a lake home on a large lake in northern Wisconsin. We noticed the price of gas resulted in only about half the normal amount of boats we see on the lake for the 2022 fishing opener.

We would normally get a big influx of boaters from the Twin Cities area who drive 150 miles to come here where we have crystal clear water instead of staying on their own slime infested cesspools they call "lakes" there. This year we didn't see a single out-of-stater here. Which is actually a good thing because after they leave we normally have clean up their beer and pop cans, food wrappers and other trash they throw in our lake. And there's always at least one of them out-of-staters that ends up with a SUV in over the roof at the boat landing. Those problems didn't exist this year. It can stay that way, as far as I'm concerned. The more expensive they can make it, the more peaceful it is here. The last two years have been nuts with all sorts of out-of-state "corona boaters" who didn't have anything else to do.

SavinRaven

Petty Officer 1st Class
We have a lake home on a large lake in northern Wisconsin. We noticed the price of gas resulted in only about half the normal amount of boats we see on the lake for the 2022 fishing opener.

We would normally get a big influx of boaters from the Twin Cities area who drive 150 miles to come here where we have crystal clear water instead of staying on their own slime infested cesspools they call "lakes" there. This year we didn't see a single out-of-stater here. Which is actually a good thing because after they leave we normally have clean up their beer and pop cans, food wrappers and other trash they throw in our lake. And there's always at least one of them out-of-staters that ends up with a SUV in over the roof at the boat landing. Those problems didn't exist this year. It can stay that way, as far as I'm concerned. The more expensive they can make it, the more peaceful it is here. The last two years have been nuts with all sorts of out-of-state "corona boaters" who didn't have anything else to do.
Same here. We normally have a big crowd and the past few weeks have been like the early 2000's. As much as i hate paying this much for fuel it has brought upon some good things. we'll see how it is around the poker run and festival time though haha

Grub54891

Admiral
We still have about half of the boats on the hard at the marina. We had to start launching late as the ice and weather didn’t like us much. Still alot of them haven’t asked to be launched. Strange season so far.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Boat hasn't seen water this season yet. Glad I didn't drop it in, night time lows are predicted to be 29 degrees. (today was 35 mph wind and a high of 43 degrees) Strange season indeed!

chris.olson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fuel is the cheapest part of boating

Fuel is now the most expensive part of getting the boat to the lake. We live on the lake and have a lake home, it is not a big deal for us. But most do not have that luxury. When it now costs a $100 dollar bill to fill up the pickup to tow the boat to the lake to enjoy a Saturday afternoon on the water, many people have other bills to pay first before they're gonna do it.

As I said, the last two years on our lake, people with nothing to do and supposed to be in quarantine, instead used government corona checks to buy a boat. The out-of-staters showed up in hoards and wreaked havoc with their new toy. Now they had to go back to work, no more free government corona checks coming in, and can't afford it. I hope it stays that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.