Garth/Trisha

LadyFish

Admiral
Garth Brooks stole the show Wednesday night when he <br />got down on one knee in front of 7,000 fans and <br />proposed to fellow country music star Trisha <br />Yearwood.<br /><br />She said yes - and the crowd went wild.<br />
e052614a.jpg

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Garth/Trisha

White jeans are back in style? Wow.. only took 36 years ;)

eeboater

Commander

Its about time... How long have they been "together"? Seems like forever. I can't wait for Garth to start touring again.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

damn...that looks like me in that picture when I have my cap on....<br /><br />but I sure wouldn't be with her~!

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> what show did he steal?
oops. :rolleyes: <br /><br />BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) - Garth Brooks stole the show Wednesday night when he got down on one knee in front of 7,000 fans and proposed to fellow country music star Trisha Yearwood. She said yes - and the crowd went wild.<br /><br />The occasion was the Legends in Bronze event at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace, where 10 larger-than-life bronze statues honouring country stars were unveiled, including one of Brooks.<br /><br />After his big moment, Brooks popped the question.<br /><br />The marriage will be the second for Brooks, who has three children, and the third for Yearwood, said Brooks' spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer.<br /><br />Brooks, 43, is credited with widening the genre's appeal in the 1990s by merging traditional country with honky tonk, pop, folk and rock. His Ropin' the Wind album was the first such country recording to debut at the top of the pop music charts. His latest album, Scarecrow, went triple platinum.<br /><br />Yearwood, 40, was named the Country Music Awards female vocalist of the year in 1997 and 1998. Her latest album is Jasper County.<br /><br />Other musicians honoured with bronze statues were Buck Owens, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, George Jones and George Strait.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />10 larger-than-life bronze statues honouring country stars were unveiled<br /><br />...<br /><br />Elvis Presley
I thought he was the king of rock?!<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />
Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />10 larger-than-life bronze statues honouring country stars were unveiled<br /><br />...<br /><br />Elvis Presley
I thought he was the king of rock?!<br /><br />Sean
And how old are you? :D :p

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I think its a slap in the face of Garths ex wife. For many years the two had an affair and he always denied it. Looks like it finally came out.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

It was a matter of time. Two cheaters deserve each other. <br />Bassy

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Brooks, 43, is credited with widening the genre's appeal in the 1990s by turning country music into the complete and total garbage that it is today.
2.gif

Realgun

Commander

Hey you stole my line telmanmn. :) <br /><br />I only like Rock and roll although the new country girls are very very nice to look at I can't stand their singing. Or is it the old stuff?<br /><br />I heard if you play it backwards you can get you Dog, wife, house etc back. :D

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I heard if you play country music backwords it sounds like kill me please as I have no clue.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well what you all don't Know is that he and Sandy his ex share the same land he built her a house so the kids could have both of the parents. And he and his ex father in law still plow fields together. He bought his ex mom in law a new holland ford so they could work together. Garth cares for Sandy still. I can't say how I know but I know<br />Serenity

NYMINUTE

Captain

More celebrity hype BS. Who cares? Wanna bet when they split it won't steal ANY bloody show. Why do we idolize these people? They are entertainers! They are recognized for ENTERTAINING us, When they aren't they should be cleaning they should be CLEANING THE GARAGE!

D

DJ

The marriage will be the second for Brooks, who has three children, and the third for Yearwood, said Brooks' spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer.<br />
Now there's a recipe for failure.