Garbage and Visitors

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I have noticed that when our kids come over with the grandkids for the weekend, we end up with an extra bag of garbage. I just don't understand this. They don't bring anything with them, but we end up with an extra bag of trash? :confused: <br /><br />What is really strange is when both families come over, we then have 3 bags of trash. I just can't figure this one out. :( <br /><br />Does this happen to any of you?

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Garbage and Visitors

Do a head count when your kids leave.<br /><br />If you come up short your kids are probably putting their kids in your bins.<br /><br />I know I wouldn't mind doing it with my kids from time to time.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Kids create tons of garbage with all the packaging of food and toys.<br /><br />Ken

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

We always use paper plates and cups and always fill up a garbage can when we have company. I don't know, like Tinkerer said.

ob

Admiral

SS ,I guess you'd have to analyze the garbage items piece by piece.You'll likely find that most of it is food and household items that would still be on your shelves otherwise.

Sea Six

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think you got it! We don't have that problem when our kids come over, because we don't keep any junk food in the house. They'd rather drive to McD's than eat healthy.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br />Does this happen to any of you?
Sort of.<br /><br />I don't have grown kids or grandkids nearby, but when my rowdy friends leave, there is always lots of extra trash that's been bagged up.<br /><br />It's usually empty beer bottles, bones and paper plates from the Bar-B-Que, empty oil bottles where they filled their trucks before they left, their girl friend's underwear, an ocasional sneaker or sock, spent brass, empty fire extinguishers, and the well used carbon paper slips left behind from between Police reports.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Mine were famous for bringing fast food cups and styrofoam containers. They could fill a bag faster than Bill Clinton dropping trou in the ocval office.