Gamefisher 15hp help

Sarsky

Cadet
I was given a Gamefisher 15 hp outboard with the plate scratched off included with a Jon boat that my family bought for me. I know and trust the person that we got the boat from, he was given the outboard a few years ago but never used it. I never had an outboard and am clueless about what needs to be done. With no manuals, i am asking for help so I can learn what needs to be done.

Sarsky

Cadet
As I was informed to start a thread here I will give a rundown of what I posted in other forums.
My family bought me a Jon boat which included a 15 hp Gamefisher outboard.
Unfortunately the plate that holds the model number and serial number has been scratched off. I know and I trust the person we bought it from, But it does not help my situation.

I tried to start it for the first time today, it didn’t go well. After pumping the fuel bulb gas started to leak out the port on the port side of the lower unit. It also started leaking at the gasket between the upper and lower. To top it off the pull string stopped recoiling.
where do I go from here???

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
first made in 73 all the way to 86. First does it have spark and compression? Next is it solid state ignition? Can you post some pictures?Im assuming it has the female adapter for the fuel line? When was the last time you know it ran?

Sarsky

Cadet
I never saw the outboard running, in fact yesterday was the first time I tried to start it. I didn’t check for a spark, I had a hard enough time getting the pull string to engage with the flywheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thats a Force gamefisher. I had one. Made after 86. Thay are fairly simple. Im gonna send you a private message be sure and look at it