Game warden picking on me

bubbakat

Captain
Bubba was a back woods river rat that lived alone in an old shack in the deep woods near the lake and had lived there as long as anyone could remember. People avoided Bubba because he looked mean, smelled bad, and hardly ever said a word. Bubba made his meager living selling a few fish to the local markets. Even though Bubba paid little attention to the game laws, the game wardens usually left him alone because really he was just living off the land and was not taking any game other than what it took for him to exist and because he was generally such an unpleasant character.<br /><br />One day the rookie game warden was down at the river when Bubba drove up in his battered old pickup with a small aluminum boat in the bed. The rookie saw this as a chance to get to know Bubba so he offered to help unload the boat. Bubba just grunted but didn’t refuse the help. The rookie watched as Bubba loaded the boat and was very puzzled because Bubba had no rods or reels, no cane poles, no fishing nets, only a small dented tool box and a long handled dip net. The rookie was overcome with curiosity and finally asked Bubba if he could go on the fishing trip. Bubba just pointed at the front seat in the little boat and grunted.<br /><br />They motored out to the middle of the lake and Bubba ignored all the small talk the rookie tired to make. Bubba stopped the boat, opened the tool box and from the bottom pulled out a stick of dynamite and lit it. He held it for a few seconds and then threw it in the water. In a few more seconds there was an underwater concussion and as fish began floating to the surface Bubba began scooping them up with the dip net. Well the Rookie was speechless for a couple of minutes. He just couldn’t believe that someone would do what Bubba just did in from of a game warden. The rookie recovered his voice and began to recite all the laws that Bubba had broken and the penalties involved but Bubba just finished scooping up the fish and didn’t say a word. The rookie was just about to reach for his handcuffs when Bubba reached back in the tool box pulled out another stick of dynamite, lit it, held it for a few seconds, and the handed it to the rookie. The rookie was still trying to tell Bubba how wrong he was when Bubba picked up his dip net and said, “You gonna talk all day or you gonna fish?”

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Game warden picking on me

Still funny, no matter how many times read it!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Thanks for the laugh!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

NYMINUTE

Captain

12.gif
Needed that this ugly Monday