Game Commission (RANT)

aspeck

Staff member
Well, rifle season is over in PA, and although I did well, it was one of the toughest seasons to date. Not nearly as many deer in the woods. GC and insurance companies releasing coyotes into the woods are killing off to many animals, liberal doe tag regs are also killing off the herd. Saw a couple more buck, and nice ones, than usual, but only place the deer population is thriving is in the metropolitan areas where you are not allowed to hunt. Rough on those that survive on venison throughout the year - you can't eat the antlers, and they make horrible soup!<br /><br />Just my rant about the Game Commission coming up with more ways, and more excuses to raise money, while boring new hunters and forcing older hunters out of the woods. Next year, I understand, that if we want to shoot a turkey in the fall, we will have to buy a turkey stamp for that. And if we want to shoot one in the spring, we will have to get another turkey stamp! Pretty soon we will have to get special permits for squirrel and rabbits also!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Game Commission (RANT)

Wait...they haven't adopted a special stamp to get a special stamp yet. And if you actually carry a weapon of any variety you will need to get a stamp for it and the ammo. This is your state and local government working hard to take errrr make money from you. :eek:

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Game Commission (RANT)

Friend of mine had been spying out a small herd in the adjacent 12 acres to his place. There was a few doe, but one really nice 10 pointer that seemed to have the run of the place.<br /><br />Found him last week in the middle of an open field.... dead from a slug wound, with his head scalped of the horns... scumbag poachers... what a waste.