Future fishing Buddy.

LubeDude

Admiral
One and only grandson from the wifes boy. Just had his first Birthday, but he was taken at 6 months so he is still small but walking and a handfull.<br /><br />Dylan<br /><br />
FutureFishingPartner.jpg

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Future fishing Buddy.

What a cutie! Now those are some pretty blue eyes. Enjoy being Grandpa.<br />Bassy

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya, hes cute alright. Funny thing about him and his sister. They never looked like a baby normally looks. Ya know, like a pudgy baby faced normal baby look. Him and his sister have looked about a year old in the face from the start. His sister was the prettiest baby I have ever seen and Im not just saying that because she is our grandaughter. Even the nurses in the hospital were making over her. Even though Dylan was a preemy, (3 1/2 #s) he has been bright eyed and ready to go from the start. He has had four haircuts already and you have to admit that he looks older than a year even though he is small. We have several year old kids in church, and he looks much more mature than any of them, and always has.<br /><br />I know this sounds like a proud GrandPa, and I am, but they really were different.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

He does look a lot older than a year LD. I have 2 nieces, and two daughters. Luckily I have one nephew so I'm gonna ruin him good.

BF

Lieutenant

cute boy, but hey guys, don't discount the grand daughter & nieces as fishing buddies either! 2 of my kids are girls, (7 & 5) and they're great fisher-kids. Nothin' like seeing their expression when a nice pike starts pulling line off their reel. They've both landed lots of fish already. Latest thing is that they want to throw 'em back themselves after I take the hook out (at least the ones that aren't too sharp/prickly). The boy child isn't too interested yet (is younger).

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by BF:<br /> but hey guys, don't discount the grand daughter & nieces as fishing buddies either!
Very true, I just took out his sister last weekend, (She is 7), she just wanted to go fo a boat ride, didnt want to fish. I stopped in a cove for a few minutes and caught a bass about 1 1/2 #s, and handed her the pole. She quickly caught on to how to reel it in. She really got excited over it. When she landed it, she touched it, then I showed her the little teeth and she touched them. Then I had her let it go. She was a bit uneasy at first about holding it, but she did it finally. After that, she wanted to fish. I would cast it out and let her reel back in and danged if she didnt catch another one a little smaller all by herself. It was so cute to see her reeling the Rapalla in and saying, "Here fishy, fishy, fishy". :D :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> He does look a lot older than a year LD.
The thing is, hes really only about 9 months being a preemy and all. He looks at ya like, "Lets get this growing up thing behind us, Ive got things to do". He has quite a vocabulary already also.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> He does look a lot older than a year LD.
The thing is, hes really only about 9 months being a preemy and all. He looks at ya like, "Lets get this growing up thing behind us, Ive got things to do". He has quite a vocabulary already also. His mom says that his dad could carry on a pretty decent conversation when he was about 1 1/2 years old and surprised the doctor so much he about fell out of his chair.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Quote:<br />-------------------------------------------------<br />I know this sounds like a proud GrandPa, and I am, but they really were different.<br />-------------------------------------------------<br />Grandpa's priveledge; We're allowed!