Fuse Block

mrronstar

Cadet
Ok in the event i look like a dip wad here goes. I got no lights no horn no speedo light. Is there a fuse box anywere on a 1986 Thunder Craft Boat if there is I cant find the sucker.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuse Block

I do not think this has anything to do with a Yamaha or Suzuki motor as you did not say you have one on this rig.
may need to post in one of the other forums.
Most boats are rigged with fuses

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Instruments and in some cases a few accessories are fed by the ignition switch accessory terminal which gets its power via the engine to control box harness. That means the fuse box has nothing to do with this problem. The fuse(s) that control this circuit are under the engine cover. It is also possible the feed from the switch to the instruments is open or corroded. If some gauges work and others don't, the problem is in the connections between gauges and not a fuse. If by "no lights" you mean navigation lights, then that circuit is powered from the fuse panel. Fuse panels are typically mounted at the helm or under it. Since this is an older boat it may have in-line fuses.

mrronstar

Cadet

Thanks Silvertip i have a cranking problem i can spray premix in the batrayors and it will throttle up but only if i put the mix directly in the carbs for some reason it wont take fuel on its own. I have new bulb and lines the float bowls are getting fuel cause i can drain them. I am getting enough spark to send the shuttle into space. I am baffled and thinking about sending her to davy jones locker. Fyi it is a 55dt suzuki 1986 very very low hours on rig.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You don't have a cranking problem. You have a starting problem. Cranking means the starter is spinning the engine but it won't start. An engine that cranks but doesn't start may have a multitude of reasons why -- none of them related to the starter. This may seem like an insignificant difference but to a service person it is a big difference. Just because there is fuel in the float bowl does not mean it is getting through the tiny passages in the carb so it can pass into the engine? Very thorough Carb rebuilds are apparently required.