Furuno LS 6100 fish alarm beeping deeper than..

Knotiboy

Seaman
Hi folks,<br /><br />I have a problem with the fish alarm.When I want the fish alarm to turn on between a given range ex. from 50 feet to 100 feet,what ever is above 50 feet the alarm won't go on as supposed but it will, deeper than 100 feet.I've tried it on manual and on auto,with the same results as above.<br />Is there a problem with the Furuno?<br /><br />Thanks

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Furuno LS 6100 fish alarm beeping deeper than..

Don't think the Furuno is bad; sounds like operator error ;) . Check your manual - sounds like you have the Fish (bottom lock) Alarm on, not just the Fish (normal) Alarm. On the Alarm menu screen, if you see Fish (B/L) on, turn it off.

Knotiboy

Seaman

pchonda,<br />All the alarms are off excluding the fish alarm.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmm...if the only alarm you have ON is the FISH (Normal) alarm, but you're getting alarms below the range you set, verify that your alarm setting is actually what you think. Note that the settings are FROM and RANGE, not "From" and "To". This means that if you want to get alarms for fish between 50 and 100 feet, you'd set FROM: 50 and RANGE: 50. If you set FROM: 50 and RANGE: 100, you'd get alarms for fish down to 150 feet. See the difference? Hope this helps; good luck.

Knotiboy

Seaman

pchonda,<br /><br />Your right !<br />I'll have to check the range setting as you said ; because I've noticed this weekend that there's a black vertical line to the extreme right on the screen.This line is the range where the alarm goes on if fish happen to be at that depht (it's some sort of visual indicator).That line doesn't coinside with the depht chosen for the fish alarm due to the range setting as you were saying.I'll have to wait t'ill next weekend to adjust.<br />Thanks for helping.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Happy to be of some help; glad you see a clear resolution. Thanks for closing the loop on this thread; hope you have lots of fish alarms and corresponding bites! :cool: