Furuno LS 6100 Beeping all the time

Knotiboy

Seaman
Hi Folks,<br /><br /> I'm getting continual beeps even when I shut off the fish alarm.What can be the problem?<br />The sonar is only a year old.<br /><br />Your input is greatly appreciated.

ThomWV

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Furuno LS 6100 Beeping all the time

How about your temperature alarm? It is one that can be set in or out of bounds if I remember correctly. I think there might also be a drift alarm burried in there somewhere. Have you considered a master reset? Check in the back of the manual and see what it says about doing one.

Knotiboy

Seaman

I haven't seen anything about the drift alarm in the manual.<br />What would the temp. alarm have to do with the beepings?<br />I'll be checking the test patterns tomorow and hopefully it will fix the problem.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Presuming that what you're hearing is an alarm, you should see an alarm icon on the screen. The icon will tell you which alarm is activated. (Did you recently do something to set an alarm on so that it would activate when the preset is sensed?) The LS6100 has 6 alarms: (1) bottom, (2) normal fish, (3) bottom lock fish, (4) water temp, (5) arrival, and (6) speed. Dunno if you have (4), (5), and (6) which require special sensors, but either way, all alarms can be turned off, but must be done so individually. Follow your operator's manual directions to get to the menu that allows that. Good luck.

Knotiboy

Seaman

I'll shut off the temp/speed alarms tomorrow before doing anything else.It could be just that, those are the only two I haven't tampered with.<br />I just hope it's that, cause I've planned a fishing trip for Monday.

Knotiboy

Seaman

You where right, it was my temperature alarm that was doing all the beeping.<br />Thanks again!